Router provided by my Internet provider - Unable to access to alter DNS settings

Router provided by my Internet provider - Unable to access to alter DNS settings

2024-07-01 18:51:58

I have a subscription to Smart DNS proxy and have no trouble accessing UK content on my devices here in Spain.

However I want to watch BBC iPlayer content on my Samsung smart TV. The BBC iPlayer refuses to play through the browser on my TV, but works perfectly well on my laptop. At the moment I have a workaround by having the iPlayer content through my laptop via an HDMI cable to the TV. The downside is that the laptop has to work through the wireless wifi and so is the picture on the TV is not as sharp. When I plug an ethernet cable from the router to the laptop, the iplayer does not work as I cannot alter the DNS settings in the router.

My question is, can I buy my own router, one which I can alter the DNS settings, and connect it to the original router so that I can have a direct internet feed to my laptop to sharpen up the feed to the TV?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router provided by my Internet provider - Unable to access to alter DNS settings
2024-07-02 03:52:28

@santehombre 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

You may refer to this guide to know about changing DNS and you can see the supported models from "This Article Applies to:"

And this guide may be helpful to you.

Options
Re:Router provided by my Internet provider - Unable to access to alter DNS settings
2024-07-02 07:22:14
Thank you Marvin_S, but your reply was not helpful. I cannot even log on to the router from my ISP, let alone use a username and password.
Options
2024-07-06 13:06:50

Yes, you can definitely use your own router with customizable DNS settings. Just set it up behind the ISP router and configure the DNS and  halloween 2024 on your new router for a direct feed to your laptop. This should improve your TV picture quality.

Options