Upload permanent images via FTP

2024-07-10 09:01:08
Model: VIGI C385  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.6

Hello everyone,

We want to replace an old TrendNet camera with the VIGI. The aim is to permanently store images on an FTP server without an event. The camera should therefore serve as a webcam. Therefore, we do not need an event, but permanent images every 30 seconds.

I currently only have the FTP settings active. Is that enough? Unfortunately, it always tells me that there is a "write error". However, I can see a folder created on the FTP server...

By the way, I don't want to save the images in the folder, but directly in the main folder as a file. Preferably even with their own description. But that is not possible?

Is the camera even designed for our scenario?

Best regards
Tim

Options
4 Reply
Re:Upload permanent images via FTP
2024-07-11 01:48:06 - last edited 2024-07-11 01:48:51

Hi @TW_EPC 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The upload of the FTP images is possible on the VIGI solution.

Currently, the resolution may not be very high.

FTP upload JPEG attribut

For the third-party models, we may not guarantee the support to FTP upload.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-11 05:08:33

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

This will be changed in the next update?

Why do I always get a spelling error with the camera? It can't write to the FTP server. That's just more annoying.

BR Tim

Options
2024-07-11 06:08:05

Hi @TW_EPC 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

TW_EPC wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

This will be changed in the next update?

Why do I always get a spelling error with the camera? It can't write to the FTP server. That's just more annoying.

BR Tim

Uploading images to the FTP server is available on the VIGI cameras. Not sure what you mean by the next update. I am explaining that the current upload is not sending the high-res pictures.

I don't see any URLs to verify if this is a misconfiguration and I cannot make a comment.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-11 09:42:58 - last edited 2024-07-12 11:44:42

@TW_EPC 

Hi Clive,

I wanted to know if the problem with the low resolution will be changed in the next update? I have already left my corresponding vote.

I have to do the upload via FTP permanently directly in the FTP settings, right?

EDIT: By the way, the "write error" is gone. Our FTP was simply configured incorrectly.

BR Tim

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 4

Related Articles