Slow Internet Speed On ER605 V2

2024-07-26 14:47:36 - last edited 2024-07-29 01:36:05
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 Build 20231017

Hello everyone,

I'm using a TP-Link ER605 load balancer, and I'm encountering some issues. The speeds are dropping drastically, and I'm unsure how to fix it. My current firmware version is 2.2.2 Build 20231017, and the hardware version is V2.6.

If anyone has experienced similar issues or knows how to resolve this, please let me know.

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Slow Internet Speed On ER605 V2-Solution
2024-07-29 01:35:06 - last edited 2024-07-29 01:35:13

Hi @Shawn_Rodrigues 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Common Questions About the Load Balancing, Link Backup(Failover) & Online Detection

Please make sure the link has switched back to the faster one. If the failover stays on the slower connection, it will behave like what you described. Make sure the faster WAN can be switched back.

Commonly, the feature should be "Always Link Primary" if you have chosen the primary WAN to be the faster one. Controller mode got it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:Slow Internet Speed On ER605 V2
2024-07-26 15:25:03

@Shawn_Rodrigues 

Give us more details on the low speeds?

What speeds are you supposed  to be getting on the each WAN?

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2024-07-26 17:41:08

@KimcheeGUN 

Hi everyone,

I have two connections managed through a TP-Link ER605 router with load balancing. One connection is supposed to deliver 300 Mbps up and down, while the other is 100 Mbps up and down.The 100 Mbps connection works perfectly fine, but I'm not getting the expected speeds from the 300 Mbps connection. It's consistently underperforming, and I'm unsure how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Options
Re:Slow Internet Speed On ER605 V2-Solution
2024-07-29 01:35:06 - last edited 2024-07-29 01:35:13

Hi @Shawn_Rodrigues 

Common Questions About the Load Balancing, Link Backup(Failover) & Online Detection

Please make sure the link has switched back to the faster one. If the failover stays on the slower connection, it will behave like what you described. Make sure the faster WAN can be switched back.

Commonly, the feature should be "Always Link Primary" if you have chosen the primary WAN to be the faster one. Controller mode got it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-29 13:44:19

@Shawn_Rodrigues 
This is not the Solution i'm Looking for

Options
2024-07-30 00:55:59

Hi @Shawn_Rodrigues 

Shawn_Rodrigues wrote

@Shawn_Rodrigues 
This is not the Solution i'm Looking for

What might be the deviation from a solution you expect? Please be clear about what you expect in the communication and interaction.

If it is adding up the speed to 400Mbps, that's NOT possible and we have clearly explained the reason.

Or it cannot link the primary faster one if it has changed to the backup? The controller mode supports that. In Standalone mode, we might have some room for improvement. But at least I have to know what you expect. I cannot understand the riddles.

Options
2024-07-30 16:07:12

Hello @Clive_A ,

I have set up the failover feature on my TP-Link ER605 load balancer, and it is functioning correctly in terms of switching between two internet connections. However, I am experiencing significant issues with my connection speed. Despite having a 300 Mbps connection, I am only receiving speeds around 10-12 Mbps.

I have reverted to the base configuration that came with the machine, which has improved stability somewhat, but the speed is still inconsistent and often drops. I would appreciate your guidance on how to resolve this issue and achieve the full connection speed consistently.

Thank you for your assistance.

Options
2024-07-31 01:00:39

Hi @Shawn_Rodrigues 

Shawn_Rodrigues wrote

Hello @Clive_A ,

I have set up the failover feature on my TP-Link ER605 load balancer, and it is functioning correctly in terms of switching between two internet connections. However, I am experiencing significant issues with my connection speed. Despite having a 300 Mbps connection, I am only receiving speeds around 10-12 Mbps.

I have reverted to the base configuration that came with the machine, which has improved stability somewhat, but the speed is still inconsistent and often drops. I would appreciate your guidance on how to resolve this issue and achieve the full connection speed consistently.

Thank you for your assistance.

Then it is not a problem with the load balancing as you have decided to revert the settings.

So, I would assume that there is a problem with your ISP, cabling, or the DNS server.

You should check them. ISP, if they have any limit or problem with the line. Direct test from the ISP cabling, will it work properly?

Change the cables and make sure all cables are CAT5e.

DNS server can decide what server you use for the speed test. That matters in the speed test. Find the best DNS server in your area.

In the end, you can try the old router and run speed tests and monitor what is different between them. Then copy the settings and test. Trial and error.

With the given information, I don't have a specific recommendation guidance.

Options
2024-08-07 08:23:38

@Shawn_Rodrigues Hi, did you find a solution for this? I am currently in a similar situation

Hardware Version: ER605 V2.0

Firmware Version: 2.2.3 Build 20231201 Rel.32918

I am using two ISPs: ISP1 with 1Gbps and ISP2 with 300Mbps. I am getting the correct bandwidth when I connect directly to the ISP routers, but when I connect through ER605, I am only getting around 400Mbps.

I am configuring the ER605 in standalone mode.

Options
2024-08-08 07:42:37

@SachinSD 

roll back this this version it should help 2.0.0

Options
2024-08-09 02:52:30

@Shawn_Rodrigues 

Lol. You sure? 2.0.0 is the factory firmware which seems to be never released anywhere. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 555

Replies: 11

Related Articles