ER605 Port Forwarding to an ip on vlan

2024-07-31 08:18:21 - last edited 2024-08-02 00:45:12
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello to all.

I would like to configure a port forwarding to redirect request on a single wan port to a specific port of an ip on vlan.

By my test port forwarding is working only if destination is a LAN ip non an VLAN.

Thank for your attention,

Luk

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 Port Forwarding to an ip on vlan-Solution
2024-08-02 00:44:59 - last edited 2024-08-02 00:45:12

Hi @LukLa 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

LukLa wrote

@Clive_A 

I'm sorry, I'll try to better explain.

My config is:
WAN: 192.168.1.5
LAN (vlan 1): 172.16.0.0/24
VLAN 2: 172.16.2.0/24
VLAN 3: 172.16.3.0/24

I've a server A on VLAN 2 with ip 172.16.2.10

I create a NAT (port forwarding) that redirect port 8000 192.168.1.5 to port 800 of 172.16.2.10: that do not working.

For test I moved the server A to VLAN 1 with ip 172.16.0.10 and change the nat and in that manner everything works.

My question is: is port forwarding works only using vlan 1 or I made some misconfiguration?

Thanks you!

It works regardless of the VLAN interface. The config looks correct. But you need to pay attention to the WAN IP which you said you have done something to address that.

Virtual Services(Port Forwarding) on the Router Doesn't Take Effect

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:ER605 Port Forwarding to an ip on vlan
2024-08-01 01:11:42

Hi @LukLa 

The description is unclear.

LukLa wrote

Hello to all.

I would like to configure a port forwarding to redirect request on a single wan port to a specific port of an ip on vlan.

By my test port forwarding is working only if destination is a LAN ip non an VLAN.

Thank for your attention,

Luk

What does it mean? Not a VLAN?

But your first line writes an IP on a VLAN.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-01 12:00:31

@Clive_A 

My config is:

I create a NAT (port forwarding) that redirect port 8000 192.168.1.5 to port 800 of 172.16.2.10: that do not working.

For test I moved the server A to VLAN 1 with ip 172.16.0.10 and change the nat and in that manner everything works.

My question is: is port forwarding works only using vlan 1 or I made some misconfiguration?

Thanks you!

Options
Re:ER605 Port Forwarding to an ip on vlan-Solution
2024-08-02 00:44:59 - last edited 2024-08-02 00:45:12

Hi @LukLa 

LukLa wrote

@Clive_A 

My config is:

Thanks you!

It works regardless of the VLAN interface. The config looks correct. But you need to pay attention to the WAN IP which you said you have done something to address that.

Virtual Services(Port Forwarding) on the Router Doesn't Take Effect

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-06 07:08:46

@Clive_A 

I'm sorry for my absence.
I reset the router and reconfigured my network.

Unfortunately I can't get nat with vlan to work.

In the guides I always find LAN indicated as the term for the nat.

Do you have any suggestions for setting up the configuration? 

Thank you for your time.

Options
2024-08-06 07:14:12

Hi @LukLa 

LukLa wrote

@Clive_A 

I'm sorry for my absence.
I reset the router and reconfigured my network.

Unfortunately I can't get nat with vlan to work.

In the guides I always find LAN indicated as the term for the nat.

Do you have any suggestions for setting up the configuration? 

Thank you for your time.

What is the IP you get on the router's WAN interface? I don't need a result of whatsmyip-thing.

I actually don't have any further recommendations as what you replied is blurry and vague.

Show me what you performed in the troubleshooting guide I gave with screenshots for each step.

Please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 5

Related Articles