Wireguard in TP-Link

Wireguard in TP-Link

Wireguard in TP-Link
Wireguard in TP-Link
2024-08-02 17:39:31 - last edited Monday
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20240308 Rel.75819

Trying to setup Wireguard in TP-Link ER8411 but it seems it doesn't work even following this link https://www.tp-link.com/hk/support/faq/3559/. Here are the details of my settings.

If I activate wireguard, I'll get disconnected on the internet. And nothing happens.

I might have missed something. Hope someone can point me on the right direction to make this work. 

Thanks,

graps

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wireguard in TP-Link-Solution
2024-08-05 00:50:20 - last edited Monday

Hi @graps 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Due to the connection is not successful and you have set up 0.0.0.0/0 as the allowed IPs, that will disconnect your Internet.

Not a successful VPN connection means No Internet and you route everything to the VPN.

You should consider reconfiguring the allowed IPs. If you don't know what that means, refer to the guide you have. It has explained this part. Or check out the forum Configuration Guide which gives more specific explanations about the parameters.

You should make sure that you have a public IP address on the router's WAN interface.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wireguard in TP-Link-Solution
2024-08-05 00:50:20 - last edited Monday

Hi @graps 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Due to the connection is not successful and you have set up 0.0.0.0/0 as the allowed IPs, that will disconnect your Internet.

Not a successful VPN connection means No Internet and you route everything to the VPN.

You should consider reconfiguring the allowed IPs. If you don't know what that means, refer to the guide you have. It has explained this part. Or check out the forum Configuration Guide which gives more specific explanations about the parameters.

You should make sure that you have a public IP address on the router's WAN interface.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wireguard in TP-Link
Monday
I was able to make it work thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 227

Replies: 2

Related Articles