Please upgrade OpenVPN/OpenSSL version

2024-08-06 00:46:18 - last edited 2024-08-06 00:47:34
Tags: #VPN #OpenVPN #OpenVPN GUI
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20240618 Rel.63827

I see there was a thread opened about 1 year ago to asking for an upgrade of the OpenVPN server on the ER605

Please upgrade OpenVPN/OpenSSL version - Business Community (tp-link.com)

The ER7206 has the same problem and also needs its OpenVPN/OpenSSL versions updated.

The newest Windows OpenVPN GUI (downloaded today) doesn't allow the "--data-cipher" option in the config file, so that's a show-stopper.

There was a post that suggested a "workaround" is to try to find an old version of the OpenVPN GUI for Windows to get it to work.

But, I don't know if I could find an antique version of an OpenVPN client for iOS/MacOS or Android.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Please upgrade OpenVPN/OpenSSL version
2024-08-06 00:59:34 - last edited 2024-08-06 01:00:39

@ticedoff8 

I uninstalled the latest version of the OpenVPN GUI from my Windows 10 (64bit) laptop and installed openvpn-install-2.4.7-1607-Win10.exe from the OpenVPN download site and it worked the 1st time.

This is not a "Solution". This is a very limited workaround.

I don't know if it will work with Windows 11. And, there is nothing I've found (yet) for Android or Apple devices that is around the same vintage.

Options
Re:Please upgrade OpenVPN/OpenSSL version
2024-08-06 01:22:41

Hi @ticedoff8 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can wait for the minor firmware update that fixes minor issues and updates the OVPN version.

As for now, we recommend you use OVPN Connect to connect to the OVPN server hosted on the ER7206.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 166

Replies: 2

Tags

VPN OpenVPN
OpenVPN GUI
Related Articles