Trouble setting up OpenVPN client (for ExpressVPN) on ER 605 V2

2024-08-06 15:43:44 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.5 Build 20240522

Hello,

I have an ExpressVPN active subscription. I am setting up an OpenVPN client by using Omada Controller v 5.14.20.9 on the device 'Omada Gigabit VPN Router ER605 V2'. I have correctly setup and created Client-to-Site VPN and I get a success msgpop up when enable the vpn. However when I check the vpn status under the Insights section, I don't see any active vpn. I also use my phone to see if the vpn is working but it is not.

I have asked ExpressVPN support via chat, and they say ER605 is supported and they cannot help. So I have come to this community to see if I am doing any wrong or, that the device is not compatible to setup ExpressVPN.

I have attached an image of vpn creation, an image for success enable, and an image for vpn status. I can only upload one image so I have combined them into one file.

Thanks in advance.

Aung Aung

File:
vpn all.JPGDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Trouble setting up OpenVPN client (for ExpressVPN) on ER 605 V2-Solution
2024-08-07 01:00:17 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi  @Blancslate

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Regarding the issue, there is no tunnel available which means the connection is not established.

You might check if they support our devices. We cannot guarantee third-party VPN compatibility with our routers.

Some parameters may not be supported on our OVPN.

About that you tested it with your cellphone, and it does not work. This indicates that your VPN server is not available and down. You might check the server settings as well.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Trouble setting up OpenVPN client (for ExpressVPN) on ER 605 V2-Solution
2024-08-07 01:00:17 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi  @Blancslate

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Regarding the issue, there is no tunnel available which means the connection is not established.

You might check if they support our devices. We cannot guarantee third-party VPN compatibility with our routers.

Some parameters may not be supported on our OVPN.

About that you tested it with your cellphone, and it does not work. This indicates that your VPN server is not available and down. You might check the server settings as well.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 1

Related Articles