INCOMPATIBLE - CONFIGURATION RESULT for all my EAP

2024-08-06 17:23:12 - last edited 2024-08-08 13:30:47
Model: EAP773   EAP650-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13

Sorry im french

All my EAP are incompatible result but on the specification, all are compatible.

OMADA --> 5.14.26.1
EAP773(US) --> V1 --> 1.0.13

EAP650-OUTDOOR(US)  --> V1 --> 1.1.4

EAP625-OUTDOOR HD(US) --> V1 --> 1.0.6 

All have the same incompatibility report. What wrong with my setting. All seem to be fonctionnal but this report said me this is not fonctionnal.

Thanks

Karl

Caption

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:INCOMPATIBLE - CONFIGURATION RESULT for all my EAP-Solution
2024-08-08 09:50:45 - last edited 2024-08-08 13:30:47

Hi  @KarlMorand 

From the controller 5.14 version, some functions have the same name as before, but the specific mechanism has been changed, and the controller shows that the device is not adapted to the existing new mechanism. Some functions have changed their names, but the mechanism remains the same.

These will be fixed once you update the EAP units to the firmware versions that adapt to controller 5.14. We are gradually releasing the firmware for EAP these days. Please pay attention to the firmware update.

Regarding the channel limit feature, the US version does not support it.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:INCOMPATIBLE - CONFIGURATION RESULT for all my EAP
2024-08-07 07:39:28

Hi  @KarlMorand 

It seems like it is explained under the CAPABILITY DESCRIPTION column.

You may ignore it.

Options
2024-08-07 17:02:52

@Vincent-TP 

Thanks Vincent but my question is.

Why is it indicated not compatible (on capability description) when all three devices are compatible on paper (datasheet deveice), if we rely on the specification of each of the products.

Options
2024-08-07 17:04:51 - last edited 2024-08-07 17:06:29

Normally these three products have all the mentioned characteristics.

Options
2024-08-08 01:36:25

Hi  @KarlMorand 

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Did you say, all those settings that were reported as failing to be configured actually work?

Could you please list an example? such as, the channel limit is set as 10M, and it do take effective?

Options
2024-08-08 02:27:16

@Vincent-TP 

Thank Vincent

No, I want to ask you why it is indicated as not compatible when the product sheet indicates that everything is compatible. For example the MLO.

Maybe it's a misunderstanding on my part and everything is working fine.

May be this tree device is not compatible to non stick roaming but compatible with fast roaming only.

Thanks a lot it is hard to me to explain in english,

Options
Re:INCOMPATIBLE - CONFIGURATION RESULT for all my EAP-Solution
2024-08-08 09:50:45 - last edited 2024-08-08 13:30:47

Hi  @KarlMorand 

From the controller 5.14 version, some functions have the same name as before, but the specific mechanism has been changed, and the controller shows that the device is not adapted to the existing new mechanism. Some functions have changed their names, but the mechanism remains the same.

These will be fixed once you update the EAP units to the firmware versions that adapt to controller 5.14. We are gradually releasing the firmware for EAP these days. Please pay attention to the firmware update.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-08 13:31:16
Thanks a lot
Options
a week ago

@Vincent-TP In my personal opinion, TP Link has been making too many changes in the latest versions, not even they know all the problems they are causing their users, a lot of poorly explained concepts, since the errors or problems do not represent reality, I have the drivers for 225 v3 updated to date and compatible with Omada SND 5.9 or later and the incompatibility errors appear everywhere, they add and remove functions and are not aware that an OMADA platform is a corporate solution and should not have this BETA TESTER PHASE with users.

Vincent-TP wrote

Hi  @KarlMorand 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 379

Replies: 8

Related Articles