Omada VLAN on switches (via Controller OC200) not assigning IPs of correct subnets

Omada VLAN on switches (via Controller OC200) not assigning IPs of correct subnets

2024-08-12 20:24:21 - last edited 2024-08-12 20:25:59
Model: TL-SG2218  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20.1

Q:Anybody got an idea if i am doing something wrong or that i might need to factory reset my setup and start over (rather not)?

Problem:
I am trying to assign VLANs in omada via the controller to specific ports on my switches, but thus far almost nothing happens.
at first no IP address was assigned to every port I assigned a VLAN to.. 
or only the default LAN subnet of the router is used.
and now (randomly?) it works for one address on one switch, but i cannot duplicate the result when i execute the same steps.

I made a SSID and added a specific VLAN interface to it and that worked almost immediately without hassle, but switches just do not.

See images for the vlan setup i use on the switches.

Here is my setup;
ER605v2 - firmware 2.1.2 (1 unit)
SG2218v1.2 - firmware 1.20.1 (2 units)
EAP245(EU)v4 - firmware 1.2.1 (4 units)

SG2218s connected directly to ER605.
EAP245s connected via unmanaged switch to ER605
Uplink ports on switches have profile "ALL"

images for context;

default lan subnet 192.168.0 same as for the router (this is what gets assigned by default)

This is the port on the switch i am assigning VLAN200 to. 

VLAN200 setup

Profile of the VLAN

VLAN interface on switch

Options
8 Reply
Re:Omada VLAN on switches (via Controller OC200) not assigning IPs of correct subnets
2024-08-13 02:23:37

Hi @wkas

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You might wanna check out some guides first before making a self-created subscription.

The provided information is not enough for judgment.

How to Configure VLAN on TP-Link Switch

How to Set Up VLAN Interface on the Omada Router

Some other guides can be helpful as well. Please make sure you grasp them.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:Omada VLAN on switches (via Controller OC200) not assigning IPs of correct subnets
2024-08-13 17:07:56

@Clive_A 
Thanks for replying.
The instructions you referred me to i already tried, also tried other tutorials/instructions from this community website.
I also tried suggestions by people with similair problems outside of this website (that is why i edited the VLAN interfaces UNDER the config of the switches in Omada, which haven't seen in the instructions you referred me to). 
And that is why i decided to open this thread.

I am not sure if i have tried all relevant tutorials, If you have another tutorial i can try it is always welcome.

Options
2024-08-13 17:18:28

@wkas 

to set a vlan on a switch you have to select port not config

Options
2024-08-13 17:23:57

@MR.S 
Thanks for replying.
Sorry, one of my first images in my original post was not clear here! 
The first thing i did everytime, was assigning the vlan to the port i wanted on the switch.
That is what i meant with this:

" This is the port on the switch i am assigning VLAN200 to. "

Options
2024-08-13 17:27:55 - last edited 2024-08-13 17:28:57

@wkas 

if it doesn't work, you have something between the router and the switch that destroys the vlan. be sure that the switch is connected directly to the router and to a port that has vlan200 enable on router.

and do not set pvid on port on router. pvid on router have to be 1

Options
2024-08-13 17:46:11

@wkas 

and update the router to the latest version, the version you are using is outdated and full of bugs.

You can find the latest version here

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/er605/v2/#Firmware

Options
2024-08-14 07:24:54

@MR.S 
Thanks again for replying!

I have pulled apart the physical network setup and checked if anything was in between the router and the switch,

but this was not the case. Everything has been put together again, but the issue did not resolve itself.

Then updated everything to the latest versions (Controller v5.14+, Router v2.2.6, Switches v1.20.1), but the VLAN issue persists.
(I did the router upgrade from 2.1.2 to 2.2.3 before, but that bricked my whole setup thus had to revert back)

The only thing i can come up with now is to do a full factory reset,

but if you might have a suggestion for something i did not check,

please do let me know!

Options
2024-08-14 07:37:57

@wkas 

It's really quite simple.
1. create a vlan interface on the network, mark all interfaces as active for your vlan.
2. connect the switch to the router, make sure that the port config is profile all on the link to the router
3. to untag a port, go to port config, select port and select vlan200

have you configured switch ACL disable all switch ACL rules

you must also check that you have not set PVID on any of the ports on the router.

If it doesn't work then I don't know what is causing problems for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 8

Related Articles