Vigi NVR network connection

2024-08-18 17:41:03 - last edited Thursday
Model: VIGI NVR2016H  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.20_1.0.1 Build 230302

Got a brand new Vigi NVR2016H.

Updated the firmware to the latest version and got it working and all cameras added and the Vigi app working.

But it will only work when plugged straight into the back of the router.

If I try to use a TP Link AV 500 power line adapter to connect it to the router it just says connected - no internet.

I can't then get any camera feeds or see it in the app.

Will I have it run a cable directly between the router and the NVR?

Or is there a way I can get it to work with the power line adapter??

Thanks in advance 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Vigi NVR network connection
2024-08-19 01:25:13 - last edited Thursday

Hi @Joe9 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If your NVR is not wireless capable, while we do have wireless capable models, you are supposed to wire it to the router or a switch.

Regardless of what the uplink is, you should make sure the uplink can provide Internet access.

Not sure if you have configured the PLC properly, I recommend you check a wired computer to the PLC and see if you can get Internet and a proper IP address from it.

FYI, the PLC is not a perfect product that may cause latency in the transmission. I would use the direct link from the router/switch to the NVR instead of routing through the PLC.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 96

Replies: 1

Related Articles