Er605 V2.20 and Er605 V2.0 Firmware

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Tags: #Firmware
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.6

Will it be possible to load the Er605 V2.20 router Firmware on an Er605 V2.0? The latest Firmware 2.2.6 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Er605 V2.20 and Er605 V2.0 Firmware -Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi @endurance 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

As a new member, please kindly get familiar with the forum. You can sub to this thread as we update the beta/PR releases: Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates

Every release would be copied to the forum and you can search the V2.2.3 firmware. It should be available in the search result.

@Josvell 

And, no, Common Questions About the Hardware Version and Firmware Update

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Er605 V2.20 and Er605 V2.0 Firmware
2 weeks ago

I would also interested in this. But also where to download Firmware-Version ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.3 Build 20231201 as it seems to be mandatory for the upgrade but not available anymore on the TPLink website. 
If I try to upgrade from 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992 to ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.6 Build 20240718 directly (using a v2 hardware) I get an upgrade error.

Options
Re:Er605 V2.20 and Er605 V2.0 Firmware -Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi @endurance 

As a new member, please kindly get familiar with the forum. You can sub to this thread as we update the beta/PR releases: Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates

Every release would be copied to the forum and you can search the V2.2.3 firmware. It should be available in the search result.

@Josvell 

And, no, Common Questions About the Hardware Version and Firmware Update

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A  I found the post regarding the fw in question: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/647340

but the downloadlink points to the TpLink download section where this firmware is no longer listed - except as prerequisite for the newer ones :(
did i overlook something?

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @endurance 

endurance wrote

@Clive_A  I found the post regarding the fw in question: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/647340

but the downloadlink points to the TpLink download section where this firmware is no longer listed - except as prerequisite for the newer ones :(
did i overlook something?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

You are pointing to the releasenotes PDF. How does this help to download the firmware binary? Maybe I am blind.

Options
2 weeks ago
Options
2 weeks ago
Interesting looks like the FW was readded to the download section. Was not there when I asked the question.
Options
2 weeks ago

@endurance 

it has been there since 2024-08-05, so 3 weeks... you must have looked in the wrong place.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Josvell Honestly why you explicitly asked for loading the 2.2.6 FW of the 2.2HW Version to to V2.0 HW version device. The 2.2.6 FW is also available for the V2.0 Hardware.
After the 2.2.3 is now available for download again I could upgrade to 2.2.6 without issues.

Options
2 weeks ago

@MR.S you are talking about the 2.2.6 version - I was looking for  2.2.3 which was released in dec 2023. It was no longer listed but was a prerequisite to upgrade to newer versions.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 527

Replies: 13

Tags

Firmware
Related Articles