App Notifications

App Notifications
App Notifications
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: VIGI C340  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.5

Good Day, 

I am struggling to get the Vigi App to receive push notifications from cameras.

I am testing the human detection smart event, with two phones, both android one is Huawei without Google services the other it Honor phone with Google Services. Both devices will retrieve the event notifications when launching the app but will not refresh notificatoion events by pulling down on the screen. Like i say the smart event notifications are not coming to either phone on the vigi application.

Furthermore i have experimented with putting the phone on a vpn to avoid some local lan issues. The devices are running through the TP cloud for connectivity. I have reviewed and allowed app notifications, permissions and diabled do not disturb.

I am not sure how to proceed to get notifications to my phones with or without the application running on the device.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:App Notifications-Solution

Hi @PopIT 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The push notification requires the Google service and your free access to the Google servers. If your location has geo-firewall which blocks the communication between the Google, or your phone is not installed with the Google service(framework), you cannot receive a notification.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:App Notifications-Solution

Hi @PopIT 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The push notification requires the Google service and your free access to the Google servers. If your location has geo-firewall which blocks the communication between the Google, or your phone is not installed with the Google service(framework), you cannot receive a notification.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:App Notifications
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A Hi thanks for the response. As i point out the function is tested on a google services device and a non google services device the one with google services does not received notification if the Vigi app is closed. No push notification with the app closed is this the correct functionality?

Options