SNMP Issues with TL-SG2428P (Zabbix)

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.10

Dear all,

I have an issue with integrating my TL-SG2428P with SNMP to Zabbix. I am using the TL Link Template in Zabbix and I am getting back most of the preconfigured values, like uptime, firmware etc. Unfortunately the "SNMP Walk network interfaces" does not return any interfaces, even whe manually requesting them. 

Interesting enough, I am also having a SG2008 in my network and configured in Zabbix - for that device the template is succesfully showing all interfaces for "SNMP Walk network interfaces.

Does anybody have an idea how to setup this properly?

Any help is much appreciated!

Best regards,

Steffen

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:SNMP Issues with TL-SG2428P (Zabbix)-Solution

Hi @Lepporello 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Check the MIB for the switches. It'd be either private or public MIB. If you have tried both MIB, it could be a problem with the device not supporting it.

AFAIK, Omada switch is using private MIB. If the MIB does not contain a proper OID for that, that seems to validate the fact it does not support.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/sg2428p/#MIBs_Files

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:SNMP Issues with TL-SG2428P (Zabbix)-Solution

Hi @Lepporello 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Check the MIB for the switches. It'd be either private or public MIB. If you have tried both MIB, it could be a problem with the device not supporting it.

AFAIK, Omada switch is using private MIB. If the MIB does not contain a proper OID for that, that seems to validate the fact it does not support.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/sg2428p/#MIBs_Files

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 80

Replies: 1

Related Articles