ER8411 : updating NAT rules crashes the network

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hello,

I've recently deployed Omada in production for a testing site, ahead of a deployment nation-wide to 14 branches + HQ.

We use an ER8411 controlled by an OC300.

My colleagues have been complaining and for a good reason : any time I update a NAT rule, the whole network seems to crash and they get disconnected from Internet for approximately 10 to 20 seconds. We've never experienced this with any other router before.

I can't imagine this happening when we deploy it in our HQ, cutting down Internet to 150 people, servers, storage, etc...

Should I know that the same behavior will happen during other configuration process ?

Will it ever be fixed or is this "by design" ?

Thanks ahead.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:ER8411 : updating NAT rules crashes the network-Solution

Hi @Dipsy 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.
When you modify the settings, the NAT service will re-run. The created session will be disconnected. The web you feel nothing may re-create the session automatically.

Such a service rerun will affect the real-time services the most.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Hi @Dipsy

As I just consulted with the dev, this one will be considered as a logic optimization in the future firmware update.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:ER8411 : updating NAT rules crashes the network
a week ago

Updates :

I've done more tests and the actual Internet connection doesn't get really taken down. For example VoIP still works, ping works fine for LAN and WAN, but web navigation is broken. My theory now is that NAT rules updates are causing the DNS proxy service to reboot, somehow ? I'll try to disable the DNS Proxy and check if the downtime happens.

Options
Re:ER8411 : updating NAT rules crashes the network
a week ago

Updates :

Still happening without the DNS Proxy and DNS Cache.

I'm having a hard time understanding the problem :

• If I ping an IP before the downtime, the ping keeps working during the downtime. But I can't access a related website.
  • But if I start the same ping during the downtime, it fails.

Seems like "ongoing" connections works, but not new ones.

Any ideas or explanations on why ?

Options

Hi @Dipsy 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.
When you modify the settings, the NAT service will re-run. The created session will be disconnected. The web you feel nothing may re-create the session automatically.

Such a service rerun will affect the real-time services the most.

Recommended Solution
Options

Hi @Dipsy

As I just consulted with the dev, this one will be considered as a logic optimization in the future firmware update.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 154

Replies: 4

Related Articles