EAP673 Bricked?

EAP673 Bricked?

EAP673 Bricked?
EAP673 Bricked?
Saturday
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

I have a EAP673 connected via POE to the ER7212PC. They are both new and worked like a charm until today. I was about to move the EAP so I just plugged the cable and put in another one, still connected to the same port of the router. It started up, WIFI came up, then suddenly disconnected after a few seconds. Then it never came back up, disconnected in the Omada interface. I tried to reset the ports, switch ports, back to the previous cable, still disconnected and the port in the switch only shows POE status but no link.

I then reset the EAP and it now reboots and shows default networks. But it has no link to the router so it doesn't show up in Omada controller. The led flashes once every 5sec. The default WIFI networks is visible, but cannot get an IP from them when trying to connect.

I've tried to connect straight via a cable and connected it with a power adapter, tried setting both 192.168.1.x/192.168.0.x on my laptop and tried to reach it, but no success. Doesn't seem to give me a link at all. Also tried to reset it multiple times.

I'm a bit frustrated coming from Ubiquti and switching my whole network to TP-Link and this happens. Any ideas/tips are welcome!

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP673 Bricked?
Monday

Hi @fyraelva 

Please refer to the following guide to fix it:

How to use the Recovery Mode to recover the firmware for EAP

If still no help, please contact your retailer to get a replacement.

Options
Re:EAP673 Bricked?
Monday
I found the issue, it was actually a bad TP cable that was pushing down a pin in the AP that the pin got stuck and broke. The pins on the ethernet socket on the APs seems very weak tbh. Had to order a new AP :(
Options