VIGI Camera SSID Switching Issue

Sunday
Model: VIGI C340-W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm encountering an issue with my VIGI cameras where they struggle to connect to new APs with the same SSID. The cameras seem to remember the previous SSID and MAC address, requiring a restart to establish a connection to the existing SSID with other AP.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, what solutions have you found effective? Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

This is my network. I'm using OMADA for my networking

I guess the cameras cant do roaming.

SSID AP CCTV
WIFI 2 MAIN WIFI AP Parking Area
WIFI 3 MAIN WIFI AP Resto
WIFI 2 MAIN WIFI AP Entrance
 WIFI 2 MAIN WIFI AP Dining Area
WIFI 1 OUTDOOR 2 AP Big Cottage
WIFI 3 OUTDOOR 2 AP Pool 3 
WIFI 1 OUTDOOR 1 AP Field
WIFI 2 OUTDOOR 1 AP Pool 2
Options
1 Reply
Re:VIGI Camera SSID Switching Issue
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

Hi @Krade 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. VIGI products do not roam, protocol-ly not supported.

2. VIGI products do not remember the MAC address and are required to connect to the same AP.

From 0 to 10, how are you sure about your description given?

What do you do to verify the camera's "abnormal" behavior?

This is more likely to be an AP position issue. I think you could find the AP guide on the official website helpful. Especially, the outdoor AP setup, the featured post.

In addition, the RSSI threshold, the User Guide has mentioned it and is helpful for roaming or connection optimization.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options