ER605 v2.0 reboots on wireguard VPN connect

Sunday - last edited Sunday
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.6 Build 20240718

I'm using wireguard server on the ER605 and connecting multiple clients - windows laptops.
If it matters, on the same WAN interface I have a IPsec VPN configured as well.

I upgraded to latest firmware version available for V2.0 today -  ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.6 Build 20240718 because randomly some VPNs would stop receiving traffic completly from the VPN.  Using wireshark I see only keepalives coming in, and a whole lot going out, but no responses.

My wireguard clients are configured to tunnel all traffic.

On upgrade to firmware 2.2.6 the ER605 completely reboots when a wireguard client connects with the previously created wireguard server.
I suspected some kind of bug so I deleted the old wireguard server and created a new one.
How did it fail again:
- I added the first client, connected, all looked good, disconnected the client.
- Added the second client, connected, all looked good, disconnected the client.
- Added the third client, connected, router crashed.

I'm not sure if its a core-dump or something else, but its obviously not good.
I'm downgrading to 2.2.5 now to see if the issue exists in there too, however I doubt it, because from the release notes there's been wireguard fixes in 2.2.6 only.

Edit: happens with 2.2.5 too

Options
9 Reply
Re:ER605 v2.0 reboots on wireguard VPN connect
Yesterday

I can confirm this is not a one of...

I'm sufering from exactly the same issue. 

ER605 v2.0 - 2.2.6 Build 20240718 - Rel.82712

br

Options
23 hours ago

Hi @Loeschnix 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Post your configs and diagram. You crash at the third client as well? Who crashes, the router? What's the behavior of it? How do you verify it? 

Require screenshots for every question asked.

Please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
23 hours ago

Hi @v1ctorr 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Post your configs and diagram, please. So, you've disconnected the first and second users, and when adding the third one, the router crashes. How did it crash? I mean specifically, how do you verify that the router is crashing and what's the behavior?

Your Wireshark results for that verification you mentioned in the description.

Require screenshots for every question asked.

Please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
10 hours ago

I encountered the same issue. Firmware 2.2.6 Build 20240718 Rel.82712 , controlling my ER605 via Omada Controller app on Windows.

Whenever I connect to WG Server from my desktop PC everything is fine. But once I connect from my phone and it performs the handshake, the rooter reboots. Happens every time and there are no logs indicating any problems. Super weird and kinda annoying.

Options
10 hours ago - last edited 9 hours ago

Here is my configuration:

WG Server

WG Peers

WG config for mobile phone

[Interface]
PrivateKey = <private_key>
Address = 192.168.4.11/24
DNS = 1.1.1.1

[Peer]
PublicKey = <WG_server_public_key>
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = 192.168.1.1:51820

Options
9 hours ago

@art3mk 

I would use /32 instead of /24 for allowed address. you only need to allow your own ip. also change Address = in the client file, I myself have an ER605 and do not experience the same problems as you, but as I said, I use /32

Options
8 hours ago

@MR.S, thanks, I'll try that.

Options
6 hours ago

@v1ctorr 

i have no problems with er605v2 as wireguard server and my android phone (i mostly use it to see my ip cameras):

Options
6 hours ago - last edited 6 hours ago

DNS Server is IP of ER605 in local network

Try set like this 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 9

Related Articles