Omada Site to Site VPN with UDM Pro

Monday - last edited Monday
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to configure my 2 sites to be connected via site to site vpn. Problem is i have different routers. One is TP-Link ER8411 Omada and the other is UDM-Pro. I have followed some steps that I found on the internet but its not working. I might have missed something. Also could I use the built-in Wireguard for this? Both were configured to accept peer connections via Wireguard and both working perfectly. Not sure if Wireguard on both routers can handle site to site VPN.

Hope for some assistance and thanks in advance.

Allan

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada Site to Site VPN with UDM Pro-Solution

@graps 

You must have public ip on wan on both routers.

otherwise it's pretty straight forward, the only thing you have to take care of is to set router based on UDM-PRO when you connect to the ER8411, you shouldn't use a static route on UDM-PRO either, which I know a lot of people do wrong.

you also have to make sure that Key Exchange and encryption is the same on both routers.

so about like this on UDM-PRO

On ER8411 VPN it will be like this

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Site to Site VPN with UDM Pro-Solution

@graps 

You must have public ip on wan on both routers.

otherwise it's pretty straight forward, the only thing you have to take care of is to set router based on UDM-PRO when you connect to the ER8411, you shouldn't use a static route on UDM-PRO either, which I know a lot of people do wrong.

you also have to make sure that Key Exchange and encryption is the same on both routers.

so about like this on UDM-PRO

On ER8411 VPN it will be like this

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Omada Site to Site VPN with UDM Pro
Monday
@MR.S Thanks for this it worked, I was using static route after changing that it worked perfectly. Thanks again. :)
Options