VIGI VMS Login expired in mobile app

Wednesday - last edited Yesterday

Hello,

I have set up a local VMS on Windows Server for my home surveillance system.

I created local accounts for my family members, but we found out that when we're experiencing power outage and VMS server restarts, the accounts are becoming expired (it tells 'Login expired, please log in again' on the VIGI mobile app), and we all have to enter login credentials again.

I believe that it might be auth token issue, with user login sessions being stored in-memory and not in persistent storage.

I would suggest to implement some sort of checkbox like 'Auto login' we have in desktop client.

Wish everyone a nice day

Options
3 Reply
Re:VIGI VMS Login expired in mobile app
Thursday

Hi @m8u 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

For the sake of security reasons, on the app, the token expires in 30 days. This cannot be changed or modified.

There is no auto-login feature on any of the apps we have for security reasons. You may keep the auto-fill function enabled on your phone.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Thursday

Thank you for your response @Clive_A.

> For the sake of security reasons, on the app, the token expires in 30 days

That is not quite my issue, I'm actually fine with that. The problem is, the token expires every time I restart VMS Basic Service (either manually or when my machine restarts due to power outage). So, I'm logging in via mobile app > restart VMS Basic Service > try to refresh list of devices in the mobile app > 'Login expired'.

> There is no auto-login feature on any of the apps

But there is, it is right here in VIGI VMS PC Client

screenshot

Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

Hi @m8u

m8u wrote

Thank you for your response @Clive_A.

> For the sake of security reasons, on the app, the token expires in 30 days

That is not quite my issue, I'm actually fine with that. The problem is, the token expires every time I restart VMS Basic Service (either manually or when my machine restarts due to power outage). So, I'm logging in via mobile app > restart VMS Basic Service > try to refresh list of devices in the mobile app > 'Login expired'.

> There is no auto-login feature on any of the apps

But there is, it is right here in VIGI VMS PC Client

screenshot

Prgoram and app are different concepts. I don't think that you refer to the program on the computer as proper in this situation.

As explained, there is no auto-login or remember password function on any of the apps.

Suppose you exit the service on the computer, which is the same as you exit the service from the cloud server. Your account will be logged out as the cloud service(server) is offline.

This is expected behavior.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 67

Replies: 3

Related Articles