ER605 access control not working

Yesterday - last edited 9 hours ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.6 Build 20240718 Rel.82712

Hello to everyone! I am trying to create some ACL rules on my ER605 but i don't understand why it looks impossible.

I have blocked two networks from reaching themselves and it works ("Domotica" and "LAN_1").
The problem is that if i try to create a rule to block a single IP from reaching another IP it does not work.
As you see in the following screenshot i set a rule to block ALL between two IP groups "Test_pcluca" and "NAS" but it is like this rule is not there, from that pc i can see and use the NAS.
I need to make rules to allow only some machines to get to the NAS and block everything else.
I'm getting mad.
Thank you in advance

EDIT: upgraded to firmware 2.2.6 Build 20240718 Rel.82712.

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 access control not working
8 hours ago

Hi @Bmark 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You may use the label and tag to filter the existing guides and solutions for your ACL situation.

A glance at the screenshot doesn't provide any insights into the problem.

You should at least specify what group you have created and verify if you created them correctly.

Group creation involves the knowledge of CIDR and subnet. Make sure you know what you are doing before making a judgment that the ACL does not work.

It looks pretty easy to set up the ACL but it requires a way clearer mind of logic to configure them and understand how it works with some examples.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
4 hours ago

Hi  @Clive_A ,
thank for your help. I literally passed the last two days searching for every topic, guide, tutorial, i was not able to solve this.
I show you how i created the IP groups:
For example "Computer_Luca" is a range that covers from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.19. 
"NAS" is just 192.168.1.20.

Every machine in the "Computer_Luca" range can reach the nas.

As you can see i created other groups with other devices, to test them.
I tried with other ranges, pc's, printers.
I am doing something wrong for sure but it is not easy to understand what.
If i try to block access within two networks it works fine, within two IP ranges i see no result.

Thank you again, hope to hear you back soon 

Options
3 hours ago

Hi @Bmark 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Bmark wrote

Hi  @Clive_A ,
thank for your help. I literally passed the last two days searching for every topic, guide, tutorial, i was not able to solve this.
I show you how i created the IP groups:
For example "Computer_Luca" is a range that covers from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.19. 
"NAS" is just 192.168.1.20.

Every machine in the "Computer_Luca" range can reach the nas.

As you can see i created other groups with other devices, to test them.
I tried with other ranges, pc's, printers.
I am doing something wrong for sure but it is not easy to understand what.
If i try to block access within two networks it works fine, within two IP ranges i see no result.

Thank you again, hope to hear you back soon 

OK. Diagram of your network with IP specified.

Would be strange. Judging from the setup, it looks okay. It should be effective.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options