Wifi Stops working randomly after a while

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-25 07:23:00
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR741ND

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 3.16.6 Build 130524 Rel.58577n

ISP : Speedy / Telefonica

My problem is that wifi stops working randomly, after some time (no more than 1 hour at most). Wired networks still works perfectly, before and after the wifi crashes. The devices detect the wifi, but can't establish a connection, and if they were connected before the crash they dont receive any more packages but still say they are connected. Both mobile devices and a netbook have this problem.

If I reboot the router wifi works again, Its a WEP2 encryption.

I'd appreciate a fast response since I have to give this back if this keeps happening, thank you.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi Stops working randomly after a while
2014-02-26 01:57:53
You are right, my bad, its WPA/WPA2 AES encryption. Anyway, any ideas on what might be happening? Last night it worked for 30 minutes, with 3 clients in wifi using it the whole time, when it crashed and stopped working.

There isnt any interference either. The signal is strong, and the devices recognize the network, but can't connect, as if the router didnt respond to it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1595

Replies: 1

Related Articles