AV600 randomly stops broadcasting wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-15 16:00:26 - last edited 2020-07-15 16:05:32

Hi

I have recently bought 2 AV600 Powerline kits - 2nd one because I thought the first one was faulty.

Both kits show the same random fault - the extension part stops broadcasting any wifi - the wifi just disappears and cannot be seen or connected to. I have tried several differents phone and laptops but the TP_Link wifi network has vanished.

The devices are paired and all of the correct lights are on - including the link and wifi lights.

Powering off and on both the base and the extention fixes the problem.

Can anyone offer any possible sensible reason - have TP-Link got a faulty batch of hardware?

The model is TL_WPA4220 Kit

Both units where bought from Amazon in the last 3 weeks.

Thanks

Options
6 Reply
Re:AV600 randomly stops broadcasting wifi
2020-07-16 07:26:02

@Ian1958 

Hi, for the issue, we would like to confirm the below information first.

Even though all the lights are green on the extender, all the wireless devices can't see the extender's Wi-Fi name, right?

When you try to restart the extender, the issue can be recovered momentarily and it will happen next time, right?

May I know the frequency of the issue?

When the issue happens again, please follow the instruction to change a different Wi-Fi name of it. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

It is suggested that you can download the software tpPLC Utility on your PC. https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220kit/#Utility

Can you also help confirm the firmware version of the device to check if it is the latest one? You can take this as reference to check the firmware version.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/315/#3

Look forward to your reply.

Options
2020-07-16 09:50:06
Hi My TP Link AV600 has the following details TP-WPA4220 V4.0 / 4.0.3 20190326 Rel 43406 When the device stops broadcasting wi-fi then powering it on and off tends to fix the problems - the problem seems to reoccur about every 2 days. It is as if it has had its radio turned off. I have in the past few weeks bought this product 2 times - and both have the same strange issue. On the first one, the radio did not work straight out of the new box - the 2 plugs would pair but no wifi - it needed a couple of factory resets for the radio/wifi to appear. The extender unit is plug into a mains socket behind a sofa so there is no way anyone can touch it. I also sometime get a no internet message, but that tends to sort itself out over a 10 or 15 mins - my main hub remains connected and working at all times. It is very odd that 2 brand new units appear to have the same random hardware/software fault causing the radio to turn off. Thanks Ian
Options
2021-05-19 19:17:01 - last edited 2021-05-19 19:19:14

@Ian1958 I have the same problem and I have the same firmware (4.0.3 Build 20190326 Rel.43406). Probably Tp-link will not fix it, they have V5 but that will not work on this just purchased hardware TL-WPA4220 v4.0, it will even cause my Wifi on my Laptop to crash, and when I use a cable (ethernet) it will freeze as well in 2 days. Will return the router to the shop.

This is really bad design. Chinese manufactury probably.

Options
2021-05-21 13:03:41

@Ian1958 

I have the same problem - the TP-link AV600 is quite frankly rubbish - I have followed all the instructions, turned everything off, started from scratch etc etc. The system is fatally flawed - one moment one is watching Netflix and the next there is no Wifi, for absolutely no reason. Netflix still works on the computer at the router BUT the TP-link network crashes. Ours crashed 2 weeks ago and hasn't come back in spite of trying half a dozen reboots. We've cancelled Netflix as a result and can only say that the system is an utter waste of space. We have struggled with it for 2 years and it works for a few weeks and then suddenly crashes and it is in the lap of the God's when it decides to suddenly transmit Wifi again - this 2 week crash is the worst but I would strongly advise against buying TP link - it really doesn't work reliably and the company must know this but haven't bothered to fix the problems.

Options
2021-05-21 18:23:43

@Ballymoss9018 

Why do you suffer so much for two years? Get a devolo I combined it with wifi and non wifi adapters. It's twice as expensive, but if you don't have netfix for 6 months, you can pay that :)

I brought back my Tp-Link when I saw that other people had the same crashing problems. Got cash back.

Options
2021-05-24 12:32:26

@Ballymoss9018 Hello, 

Sorry to hear that about the problem on your WPA4220, to locate the fix the problem, can you help confirm some details: 

When powerline device crashes, does the wifi disappear on your device? Or SSID is still there, but it got any Error message? 

• If the House Led(powerline Led) go off, please put 2 powerline unit and see if powerline could work stable or not:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2018/

• Please check the Led when powerline units crash: how about the House Led and WiFI Led on the powerline extender, does any Led go off? 
  • If the House Led(powerline Led) go off, please put 2 powerline unit and see if powerline could work stable or not. 

May I know when did you buy this powerline units and when did the issue start? What is the firmware hardware version of your powerline units.

Thank you very much~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1387

Replies: 6