CPE210 Bridge mode continously drop connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-28 07:53:44 - last edited 2019-10-29 03:03:23
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have had (for several years) a network extension over radio between one of my buildings where the optic fibre cable is entering and the house we are living in. It has working flawless day after day after day. Then suddenly the CPE210 on my house (Bridge mode) dropped the connection. tried several times to restore factory settings and reconfigure in bridge mode. Works perfectly again for a couple of hours, then the CPE drops again. And it seem to fallback on default IP (even if i don't check that box).

Anyway i tried to upgrade the formware to latest version when i got a message, hardware is not supported. I discovered i had CPE210 ver 1.1. and i had picked upgrade for ver 3. But after a while i hade upgraded the firmware in both my CPE210 units and was up and running again. For a couple of hours. Then the CPE210 on my house (bridge mode) drops the connection. (How do i know that it is that one). Well i can use my laptop and connect to the other CPE210 and i have internet connection through it.

So i suspected the CPE210 on my house was faulty and i replaced it with a new CPE210 ver 3.0, and i also replaced the other one on the other buling. So now i have to brand new CPE210 with up to date, latest firmware. I set up the first one on the other building as an accesspoint with WPA-PSK (No Maxstream), Dynamic IP. Works perfectly. I connect my laptop and baaaam, "full rulle" as we say in swedish. Internet connection. No problem.

Then i set up the other CPE210 on my house as a Bridge. Using dynamic IP and. Setting parameters (SSID and PSK for the other CPE210). Yes it works. No problem. Full internet access in my house. For just a couple of hours. The the CPE210 on my house drops the connection. I reboot, several times. It does not connect to the Access point on the other bulding any more.

Using my laptop to connect to it and it has fallen back to its default IP 192.168.0.254. I reconfigure it again. Internet for a couple of hours, then it drops again. Default IP..

This morning i have set factory settings once again, and this time i'm trying to configure it as a client to se if this works better. Inside my hous i have Deco M9.

Have anyone had similar problems with CPE210? Any ide? I meen it worked flawless a couple of years and then this problems started to come. There has not been any changes to my network configuration. It is the same. I live far out on the countryside. nearest building in the direction of my bridge CPE210 is over 2km so there could possibly not be any disturbing equipment interfeering with my CPE210.

I'm puzzled!

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE210 Bridge mode continously drop connection
2019-10-29 07:39:51

@SE81293 

There was a problem with CPE reset indeed. The latest official firmware fixes it (use firmware from hw 3.2). If you have that problem with the latest firmware, and also if we look at your problem with v1, which was working for several years, I can advice you to use ground terminal of your CPE or/and poe-injector. It also can cause reset, maybe something changed in your electricity or weather.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1752

Replies: 1

Related Articles