Can't access internet after turning off DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-16 23:34:26 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:41:21
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.3

Hi, I have an R600 router connected to a modem via the WAN port and a Windows 10 laptop connected to a LAN port.  I turned off DHCP on the router and then configured a static IP on the laptop.  I can ping the router but I can't ping anything on the internet now (I was able to when the DHCP server was on).  Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  Thank you kindly.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't access internet after turning off DHCP
2020-11-17 12:38:31 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:41:21

Dear @RiverKayaker,

Hi, I have an R600 router connected to a modem via the WAN port and a Windows 10 laptop connected to a LAN port.  I turned off DHCP on the router and then configured a static IP on the laptop.  I can ping the router but I can't ping anything on the internet now (I was able to when the DHCP server was on).

Did you configure the DNS server on your laptop? If yes, are you able to ping the DNS server on your laptop?

You may turn the DHCP Server back on, record the IP info and configure the same IP info (IPv4 address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS server) on your clients for checking, if possible, try a different client. By the way, ensure your R600VPN router is running with the latest firmware. https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-r600vpn/#Firmware

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 1

Related Articles