EAP 110 OUTDOOR DISCONNECTS ALL CLIENTS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-21 15:43:34
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Latest at 2021-04-21

After firmware update at the latest version available on 2021 April 2, I notice this strange randomic behaviour that happens every 24/48 hours: all devices connected to one of the three SSID broadcasted from my eap are disconnected. The SSID is ever the same. The other SSIDs work fine. To resolve this issue I need to power down and restart the eap. I also tried to reset the eap from hardware reset button and reconfigured it but the issue in yet present. Any suggestion? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP 110 OUTDOOR DISCONNECTS ALL CLIENTS
2021-04-22 05:56:35

Dear @Fabieuz,

Fabieuz wrote

After firmware update at the latest version available on 2021 April 2, I notice this strange randomic behaviour that happens every 24/48 hours: all devices connected to one of the three SSID broadcasted from my eap are disconnected. 

As I know, the latest firmware for EAP110-Outdoor is Published on 2020 Dec.18.

Where did you get the latest version available on 2021 April 2? Could you paste the link to show the download link?

What's the current firmware version of your EAP110-Outdoor? Is your EAP110-Outdoor managed by Omada Controller?

The SSID is ever the same. The other SSIDs work fine. To resolve this issue I need to power down and restart the eap. I also tried to reset the eap from hardware reset button and reconfigured it but the issue in yet present. Any suggestion? 

From your description, there are 3 SSIDs configured on the EAP110-Outdoor, devices connected to one of the SSID would be disconnected every 24/48 hours. Do you mean that the issue only exists on one specific SSID? How are the 3 SSIDs configured? You may provide the WLAN configuration for checking.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-04-22 19:50:10 - last edited 2021-04-22 19:54:10

@Fae Hi, thank you for reply. Follows some printscreen to help you in your analysis. Consider that only for one ssid (named DOMOTICA_OUTDOOR) exists this issue. I have in totan 4 ssids (not 3 as reported in my previous post) configured on my eap with same parameters. Moreover, when ssid works, there are 20 devices connected to it.

Let me know for any suggestion or more information about issue.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Fabio

Options
2021-04-23 01:48:38

Dear @Fabieuz,

Fabieuz wrote

Follows some printscreen to help you in your analysis. Consider that only for one ssid (named DOMOTICA_OUTDOOR) exists this issue. I have in totan 4 ssids (not 3 as reported in my previous post) configured on my eap with same parameters. Moreover, when ssid works, there are 20 devices connected to it.

What devices are usually connected to the SSID "DOMOTICA_OUTDOOR"?
Is there showing any error message when those devices failed to connect the particular SSID?

In picture1, I notice that SSIDs named "IPTVCC_OUTDOOR" and "DOMOTICA_OUTDOOR" both have the SSID Broadcast disabled.

If you connect the device that failed on SSID "DOMOTICA_OUTDOOR" to the other SSID "IPTVCC_OUTDOOR", would it connect well?

For your case, you may enable SSID Broadcast first and see if the devices can connect to "DOMOTICA_OUTDOOR" successfully.

Ensure that you get good signal strength from the SSID, if it cannot connect either, try changing the Encryption to AES, then Security to None for further checking. If it connects finally, you can disable SSID Broadcast as you like and monitor the connection.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 674

Replies: 3

Related Articles