Site-to-Site VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Site-to-Site VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Site-to-Site VPN
Site-to-Site VPN
2022-01-20 17:55:50
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.1.1

Does anyone else have suggestions or ideas on using this router for site-to-site VPN because it doesn't seem to be able to handle more than 30Mbps max?  I have now setup an OpenVPN server at my remote site and setup a client (openvpn client with routing enabled) here at our office site to make this connectiong and get around 140-150Mbps on 1Gbps symetrical connection.

Open to suggestions and ideas.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Site-to-Site VPN
2022-01-20 18:35:09 - last edited 2022-01-20 18:35:23

@bkilgore 

IPSec VPN Throughput (AES256) 41.5 Mbps 

L2TP VPN Throughput Unencrypted: 748.7 Mbps Encrypted: 15.0 Mbps

PPTP VPN Throughput Unencrypted: 719.0 Mbps Encrypted: 72.0 Mbps

Is that because of the throughput? 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-01-20 18:52:47

@Tedd404 Not sure what you are asking me but that throughput you are showing is far more than I have seen.  Not sure how I could go unencrypting but honestly the type of data I'm sending it doesn't need it. 

Options
2022-01-20 20:49:05

@bkilgore 

When you configure your server on the router, you have encrypted or un-. If you use encrypted, you will have a throughput bottleneck like this. You have a 1gig fiber line does not mean your VPN will run at full speed and take all your regular connections. 

https://vpn.ac/knowledgebase/36/PPTP-vs-L2TP-vs-OpenVPN-which-one-to-use.html

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 696

Replies: 3

Related Articles