I need help - TP-Link TL-SG3428

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-16 15:29:36
Model: TL-SG3428  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: TL-SG3428v2_en_2.0.10_[20221130-rel57838]_up

I performed some preliminary tests of this apparatus, in particular I simulated 2 most common cases in the environment in which they will be used:

• I connected a network cable from one lan port to another lan port thus simulating a loop:

#2006-01-01 09:09:57,[LBDetect]/4/Loopback detected between port Gi1/0/15 and port Gi1/0/16 in vlan 1.Please check it.

• I connected this switch (A) with a direct lan cable to another switch (C), a second switch (B) always with direct lan cable to the switch (C), and then I connected the switch A and B, thus simulating a double connection between the same 2 switches:

Feb 15 18:29:42.961: %SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 3460.f9aa.e2bf in vlan 1 is flapping between port Fa0/2 and port Fa0/8

In both cases the switch has recorded the problem in the log, but not acting in any way to stem it (therefore blocking the ports), with the consequence that the cpu reached 80/90%, resulting not reachable by the browser, and also blocking all the hardware connected to the other switches.

I noticed the behavior of the LEDs in both cases, but they do not identify the specific ports where the problem lies, but the LED at the top flashes quickly on all the ports where a network cable is connected. Through the LEDs it is not possible for the end user to identify the network cable that is creating a problem?

In the technical specifications of this switch there is "Port Isolation", do you have to configure the device in some way or should you do it independently? If it needs to be configured, what are the steps to take?

Thanks to those who will provide me with support.

Best regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:I need help - TP-Link TL-SG3428
2023-02-16 23:38:43

@ITLorenzoCarosi Assuming you are using the switch in standalone mode.  What are the switch's loopback settings?

See also the switch User Guide here on page 101 for loopback settings if you have not changed the settings.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 550

Replies: 1

Related Articles