DHCP Reservations not working on TL-SG2008 v4.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-27 18:59:37 - last edited 2023-10-31 09:19:52
Model: TL-SG2008  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.6

I have a TL-SG2008 v4.0 switch and 2 AP245 in my network. The switch is configured to be the DHCP server and it's not working as expected. the DHCP reservation is not being applied and the clients (wired and wireless) are getting different IPs everytime. 

I need these IPs to be static in order to make the automation work here. 

I've already tried to set a different range for DHCP IPs and the IPs on the DHCP reservation list in another one. Nothing worked.

Any advice? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:DHCP Reservations not working on TL-SG2008 v4.0-Solution
2023-09-26 06:53:28 - last edited 2023-10-31 09:19:52

Hi @JustMe79 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Have you tried to refresh the IP address on your device? And rebooted the switch?

If you are using the controller mode, there is no option to bind a static IP to a MAC. In standalone, you can do that in L3 features.

In the controller mode, the only option you can use is the fixed IP address but that is based on the Omada routers. This means the DHCP reservation is not gonna be effective in controller mode.

So, back to the DHCP reservation in standalone mode, can you illustrate how did you test it?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:DHCP Reservations not working on TL-SG2008 v4.0
2023-06-28 06:29:23

@valverde-thiago 

have you referred to the user guide in the configuration of the DHCP server and reservation?

have you checked your network scheme and made sure there is no mistake in your scheme?

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:DHCP Reservations not working on TL-SG2008 v4.0
2023-09-22 16:12:33

Same issue with a TL-SG2218 v1.0 software version 1.1.8

DHCP Server is working, every client get a new DNS-IP if I change it, but DHCP Reservations are not working.

I config the switch over an OC200.

Options
Re:DHCP Reservations not working on TL-SG2008 v4.0-Solution
2023-09-26 06:53:28 - last edited 2023-10-31 09:19:52

Hi @JustMe79 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Have you tried to refresh the IP address on your device? And rebooted the switch?

If you are using the controller mode, there is no option to bind a static IP to a MAC. In standalone, you can do that in L3 features.

In the controller mode, the only option you can use is the fixed IP address but that is based on the Omada routers. This means the DHCP reservation is not gonna be effective in controller mode.

So, back to the DHCP reservation in standalone mode, can you illustrate how did you test it?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 565

Replies: 3

Related Articles