Swicht TL-SG2008

Swicht TL-SG2008
Swicht TL-SG2008
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: TL-SG2008  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone.

I need to configure this switch according to certain specifications and I have tried several times, watched videos on YouTube but I can't get it to work.

What I need is:

port 1 connect to my isp's modem that gives me a fixed ip (190.111.xxx.xxx) mask 255.255.255.0 gateway 190.111.xxx.1

port 2 connect by dhcp to an internal LAN that gives me 192.168.64.xxx mask 255.255.254.0 gateway 192.168.64.1

3/4/5 vlan ports for IP phones 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0

ports 6/7/8 vlan for pcs 192.168.200.1 255.255.255.0

The las 2 vlans must be out to internet and view the lan on port 2.

I can set the vlans and activate the dhcp and if I connect a phone or a PC it gives me the corresponding IP but what it always gives me in the down state is port 1 and 2.

A router connected to my ISP is necessary to provide internet because it doesn't work for me that way either.

Will there be any tips or instructions to guide me?

Thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Swicht TL-SG2008
3 weeks ago

Hi @Luis_Tarzia 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.
Confirm if you have set up the IPTV settings on the router properly.

Set up the VLAN then.

The pinned threads on this switch page have a VLAN guide listed. Try to use the current guides before you ask a question.

If you still have problems, draw a diagram with the specific information marked on it. ww

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Luis_Tarzia

Thank you. I read the instructions (the one that most closely resembles what I want is (https://www.tp-link.com/ar/support/faq/887/) so I'm going to try to configure the switch.
I understand that the only thing that would be missing if this goes well is to be able to connect to another LAN network within the building.
2 questions:
Does the TL-SG2008 always need a router that connects to the ISP? Couldn't I connect the TL-SG2008 directly to my ISP's modem?
2) What function does IPTV fulfill? Is it necessary to configure it if I am not going to watch TV online? Does it affect anything to the vlans?

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @Luis_Tarzia 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Luis_Tarzia wrote

@Luis_Tarzia

Thank you. I read the instructions (the one that most closely resembles what I want is (https://www.tp-link.com/ar/support/faq/887/) so I'm going to try to configure the switch.
I understand that the only thing that would be missing if this goes well is to be able to connect to another LAN network within the building.
2 questions:
Does the TL-SG2008 always need a router that connects to the ISP? Couldn't I connect the TL-SG2008 directly to my ISP's modem?
2) What function does IPTV fulfill? Is it necessary to configure it if I am not going to watch TV online? Does it affect anything to the vlans?

Thanks in advance.

1. Router is not supposed to be connected to the modem. Unless yours is a modem-router.

2. You should configure the router with the IPTV for Internet, IP-Phone and IPTV if you have them from your ISP. You mentioned that you have a Phone. Is that IP-Phone? If that's it, check if this IP-phone requires access to the ISP.

If it is a generic phone using Internet access, not an actual IP-Phone, you can disregard this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options