SG108E v1.1 Web Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SG108E v1.1 Web Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
SG108E v1.1 Web Access
SG108E v1.1 Web Access
2023-07-12 14:07:19 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:44:55
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Unknown

We have a Tp Link TL-SG108E switch which is listed on the underside as being Version 1.10 . It describes itself as an 'Easy Smart Switch' and that the default IP address is 192.168.0.1

It is in an area of the site where there have been networking issues, and I am trying to gather more information about them.

I connected to it via ethernet and removed all other ethernet connections. I have set an IP address over ethernet of 192.168.0.3 and can ping the device, see it in nmap and see that it has port 80 open.

If I try to navigate to this IP address in Chrome or Edge I get a blank screen quite quickly - as opposed to it spinning for a while and saying 'This site cannot be reached' when I tried to navigate to 192.168.0.2

My thinking is that the management website on the switch is too old to be able to access via Chrome.

Any thoughts or solutions?

Replacing the switch isn't an option unless I can demonstrate that it is faulty. All I want to log in to do is to set it to an IP on our LAN so that I can continually ping it, to try and narrow down the location of the faulty networking. It is in an area of the site with a series of standalone buildings that are connected via daisy chained switches.

I'm specifically looking for advice on whether it will be possible to access this switch in a web browser via it's IP address. I have a list as long as my arm of improvements to the network I would like to make, and which I am trying to prioritise.

Options
1 Reply
Re:SG108E v1.1 Web Access
2023-07-13 03:02:49 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:44:43

Hi @hgh2023 

If you visit this site and it is a blank page, very likely it is a problem with the browser.

Try to clear the cache and incognito mode on your browser. Or another computer to access the page. In most cases, it's a browser issue.

But anyway, you have to make sure the IP address is correct and you access the right page.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options