Site-2-Site VPN Connections missing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-26 18:00:32 - last edited 2023-07-26 18:33:13
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Hello,

we are Using Omada-Device on 3 sites and have connections setup between a total of 5 sites. 

Today I would be required to modify the data of one connection due to an IP-Adress change. 

Then I noted, that on one site the "Site-2-Site" VPN-Tab is just gone?

The Dashboard and VPN-Tab show the VPN-Connections (without Names) as established (and they are working) 
but I cannot modify them through the VPN-Tab. Trying to create an (inivisble) connection yields the error message, 

that the same settings cannot be used. 

Any ideas how to get the VPN connections back - If possible without a total-reset? 

Any help appreciated.

Controller-Version is 5.9.32

Dashboard:

VPN-Status:

But nothing except open-vpn in the VPN-Configuration-Menu: 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Site-2-Site VPN Connections missing
2023-07-26 18:26:50 - last edited 2023-07-26 18:34:10

Console  @dognose These Errors are visible in the javascript console, for chrome and InternetExplorer.

Maybe related, maybe not. 

Just checked another OC200 on a second side - same Controller Version - There it works, and it doesn't show the "Canot read properties" Error in the console. 
(Errors about Navigaion / stlyesheet are there as well)

Options
2023-07-27 03:34:55

Hi @dognose 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Before we jump to a conclusion, can you use incognito mode and give it a try?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-07-27 08:06:27

@Clive_A I've tried with Incognito mode and two different browsers (and from a different PC) Result is the same. 

I've now downgraded the Controller to 5.7.6 again and imported an auto-backup from before the upgrade - and it's working again. 

Also, no errors (beside the wrong style-sheet mime type) in the JS-Console. 

With 5.9.32 Wireguard VPN and FullMode for OpenVPN has been introduced. 

Maybe these new features somehow mess with the existing configuration, making the controller crash on trying to display the Manual IPSec Connections?

Options
2023-07-27 08:36:23

@Clive_A 

I've now upgraded the control version again. 

After Upgrading, the Navigation-Error in the console was back: 

Data still displayed correctly. 

So, I also imported the auto-backup from yesterday again. 

And still, data is displayed correctly and the "undefined-Error" is not appearing. 

So, whatever was wrong with the data yesterday - we can savely conclude that this error in the Console was related to the missing display. 

On the dashboard, each IPSec was shown without name as well. So, I strongly assume that "there" an empty name-property was handled to display "---" while in the actual
configuration view - it just tried to access a null-object and therefore failed to render the row. 

Maybe - despite the question, why the name of the connections "vanished" - The script should be improved to handle undefined errors in this location as well. 

Options
2023-07-27 08:50:03

Hi @dognose 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I have reported your issue to the senior engineer for further analysis. Since it seems to be a problem with the controller, it's beyond my ability.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-07-30 07:37:43

@Clive_A 

Thx - maybe they can find the issue and resolve that issue. Doesn't seem all to common.

Options
2023-07-31 02:01:24

Hi @dognose 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230753137, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 578

Replies: 7

Related Articles