Inter-VLAN Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Inter-VLAN Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Inter-VLAN Access
Inter-VLAN Access
2023-07-31 00:45:44 - last edited 2023-08-04 08:26:41
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

I just purchase an ER7206 router and am having difficulty configuring inter-VLAN access control.  I created several VLANs and need to provide access from a host in one VLAN to a host in another, but regardless of what I do with the firewall/access_control function using the router's GUI I'm unable to create this access.  Is this a common problem that others have had?  Details about the configuration can be provided it that will aid the discussion.

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Inter-VLAN Access-Solution
2023-07-31 17:31:12 - last edited 2023-08-04 08:26:41

@dfwolf 

ok, then I understand what the problem is, on a Windows PC, all other networks are deafult blocked if you have the Windows firewall on. the network card must be private, you must also open it in the Windows firewall (the IP network in the other vlan must have access)

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Inter-VLAN Access
2023-07-31 03:22:37

@dfwolf 

Note: with no access control rules in place, Host1 in VLAN1 can ping Host2 in VLAN2, but Host2 can't ping Host 1.

Options
2023-07-31 06:49:36

Hi @dfwolf 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can try out this guide and set it up.

How to implement VLAN unidirectional access through ACL configuration of Business Router

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-07-31 15:48:20

@dfwolf 

I've already done that and it still didn't work.  After many hours of trying different things and having two network experts double check the config, I've given up an am returning the router.

Thanks.

Options
2023-07-31 16:48:28

dfwolf wrote

@dfwolf 

I've already done that and it still didn't work.  After many hours of trying different things and having two network experts double check the config, I've given up an am returning the router.

Thanks.

@dfwolf 

your problem is probably not the router but your two network experts.

I wonder what host1 and host2 are, what type of host is it a TV, is it a printer or a windows or similar? when you set up vlan on your er7206, by default nothing is blocked, you actually have to work a bit to be able to block something.

Options
2023-07-31 17:14:39

@dfwolf 

I beg to differ with you about the network experts.  

I using Windows laptops as the hosts.  

Options
Re:Inter-VLAN Access-Solution
2023-07-31 17:31:12 - last edited 2023-08-04 08:26:41

@dfwolf 

ok, then I understand what the problem is, on a Windows PC, all other networks are deafult blocked if you have the Windows firewall on. the network card must be private, you must also open it in the Windows firewall (the IP network in the other vlan must have access)

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 794

Replies: 6

Related Articles