New Network deployment - TL-SG105E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-18 15:22:53 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:39:10
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi Team,

Due to WFH scenarios, want to extend my WAN/LAN Network on Ground floor to first floor as mentioned on below scenario on image.

Current set-up : I had 2 wan network which is WAN1 used for Corp Connectivity (Cisco -VPN) & wan2 is used for personal internet on ground floor both are 200Mbps symmetrical.

Upgrade plan : want to use two TL-SG105E devices and establishes the connectivity using Port 1 on both the devices and planning to configure with VLAN11 (For Ports 2 & 3 - WAN1) and VLAN22 (Port 4 & 5 - WAN2), currently i have only one CAT6 cable is which connects between G and 1 st Floor & no option to extend or deploy new cable.

Requesting TP Link team to suggest the best suitable model for this case & if below mentioned use case is correct need help on the configuration part.

Challanges/Questions i'm having:

1. is it possible to establish the connectivity between these 2 Switches? if yes, how DHCP need to be configure?

2. How to configure the VLANS on these devices as they are using only one CAT cable for connectivity?

3. How was the stability of the devices?

4 will these devices are able to carry 200Mbps simultaneously?

Hope i will find the solution for this scenario. :)

#TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:New Network deployment - TL-SG105E
2023-08-21 02:34:30 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:38:59

Hi @MSRS_Reddy 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

MSRS_Reddy wrote

Challanges/Questions i'm having:

1. is it possible to establish the connectivity between these 2 Switches? if yes, how DHCP need to be configure?

2. How to configure the VLANS on these devices as they are using only one CAT cable for connectivity?

3. How was the stability of the devices?

4 will these devices are able to carry 200Mbps simultaneously?

Hope i will find the solution for this scenario. :)

#TIA

1. Yes. But DHCP is not gonna hosted on the switch. As you look at a model with the most basic layer 2 features.

If you want to host a DHCP server on the switch, it has to be at least layer 2+ or layer 3. Note that the price will increase tremendously.

Budget-friendly solution would be Omada smart switch with Omada router. TL-SG2008 + ER605 setup would be pretty cheap. Or TL-SG108E + ER605 but this will have some limitations and you probably have trouble on certain implementations like Switch ACL, or anything related to the Omada switch (as the TL-SG108E is not Omada solution model.)

2. How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway in standalone mode

3. ER605 would be entry-level. TL-SG108E would be a very basic VLAN-enabled switch. Good but you cannot expect more from them for their price and basic features. 

4. Yes.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 353

Replies: 1

Related Articles