Trying to use TL-SG1024DE with Deco S4 mesh devices as access points (Guest VLAN)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Trying to use TL-SG1024DE with Deco S4 mesh devices as access points (Guest VLAN)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-01 19:08:03 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:35
Model: TL-SG1024DE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm upgrading the network for a small business. We're scrapping the ISP-provided consumer-grade wifi router and replacing it with a pfSense router and TL-SG1024DE switch. A 3-pack of Deco S4s were purchased before I came on board so I'm just trying to use them since we HAVE them. I want to put the guest network on a separate VLAN (ideally) but I'd settle for putting it on its own segment with its own DHCP pool. Is there any decent way to do what I'm trying to do with the equipment I have? Or do I just need to bite the bullet and buy Omada APs?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Trying to use TL-SG1024DE with Deco S4 mesh devices as access points (Guest VLAN)-Solution
2023-09-04 03:14:35 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:24

Hi @ErniePantuso 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

No. There is no way that you can use multi-VLAN and SSID on Deco. Deco does not support multi-SSID. Deco guest network is based on the same network segment.

You should consider getting the Omada APs which fixes the problem. How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Trying to use TL-SG1024DE with Deco S4 mesh devices as access points (Guest VLAN)
2023-09-01 19:26:12 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:24

@ErniePantuso 

Personal opinion... to get the full features that an SMB would need... I would go with the Omada APs over the Deco Mesh units.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
Re:Trying to use TL-SG1024DE with Deco S4 mesh devices as access points (Guest VLAN)-Solution
2023-09-04 03:14:35 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:24

Hi @ErniePantuso 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

No. There is no way that you can use multi-VLAN and SSID on Deco. Deco does not support multi-SSID. Deco guest network is based on the same network segment.

You should consider getting the Omada APs which fixes the problem. How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 443

Replies: 2

Related Articles