Can't add RTSP stream

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't add RTSP stream

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can't add RTSP stream
Can't add RTSP stream
2023-09-02 20:03:38 - last edited Yesterday
Model: VIGI NVR1008H  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: VIGI NVR1008H(UN)_V2_1.0.5 Build 230609

Hi,

I have tried to contact TP-Link via emial over last month, but I got no response from local nor global emails.

How can I add RTSP stream to the NVR other way than physically connecting via HDMI to it? There is no option to do so in VIGI app - both for Android and Windows.

Is there any particular reason why this option is not available in the VIGI Security Manager?

There is also problem with logging in to the Security Manager - It does not allow to use + in email address, while VIGI Android app allows it. Even more - the NVR unit is logged with email like abc dot def+xyz(at)mail dot com

Plz fix

Options
6 Reply
Re:Can't add RTSP stream
2023-09-04 07:07:21 - last edited Yesterday

Hi @Mihau 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

There is no sign of your email pa***+omada@gmail.com in our email system. I don't think you sent it to the right place.

If you have the NVR, you should connect the IPC to the NVR or they stay in the same LAN. And set the correct RTSP protocol, you should be able to add it. I suggest you double check it.

NVR User Guide.

If you use the VSM, you should specify the port.

"+" is considered as a special character and the software does not allow you to use it? Is that what you mean? What's the version of your software, the VIGI Security Manager? Latest one is

I did a test but I found special characters indeed are not allowed. Will send feedback on this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-09-04 07:52:04 - last edited Yesterday

@Clive_A

Thank you for your prompt reply,

To clarify, I have a HikVision doorcam that I want to integrate with a VIGI NVR. Unfortunately, it does not support ONVIF, only Hik or RTSP. All my other IPCs are TP-Link VIGI C340 units, and they work flawlessly.

I have successfully added HikVision's RTSP stream to the VIGI NVR, but I had to use an HDMI screen and a mouse/keyboard to do it. The Security Manager (latest version, latest-1, latest-2, latest-3, [those are all the versions I've tested]) does not allow me to change from ONVIF to RTSP; the dropdown list is grayed out and not available for input.

Additionally, the Security Manager isn't accepting my account email because it contains a "+" sign. However, as you can see in the screenshot from the Android VIGI app below, there is "+omada@gmail.com" without any issues. The Windows Security Manager doesn't allow me to use my account that I am logged in with on the NVR and the VIGI app.

Options
2023-09-04 09:26:47 - last edited Yesterday

Hi @Mihau 

Yes. I have noticed the issue you reported. I have sent it to the related team. Hope they can fix this issue soon. Currently, in the VSM, you cannot use + = or ! and other special characters. But you can use _ and -.

There is no workaround for the moment as far as I see. This forces you to change the mail address, unfortunately.

RTSP seems to be the "Control Protocol" only allowed in NVR. Correct, NVR should be working with a monitor and m&k.

Mihau wrote

@Clive_A

I have successfully added HikVision's RTSP stream to the VIGI NVR, but I had to use an HDMI screen and a mouse/keyboard to do it. The Security Manager (latest version, latest-1, latest-2, latest-3, [those are all the versions I've tested]) does not allow me to change from ONVIF to RTSP; the dropdown list is grayed out and not available for input.

If you use VSM, you should consider changing the port, any luck with that? 

Or can you provide a picture of this?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-09-05 05:38:45 - last edited Yesterday

@Clive_A 

Been there, tried that - not available. Even tried to add it this way, but there was no video - since you have to provide proper link to the stream or substream.

Additionally I have found that VMS is not remembering my language settings and changes itself ro Czech everytime I quit. Also I have found that it sometimes has administrator instead of admin in username fields that are grayed out and therefore you cannot change it, and login properly.

Options
2023-09-05 07:28:05 - last edited Yesterday

Hi @Mihau 

Mihau wrote

@Clive_A 

Been there, tried that - not available. Even tried to add it this way, but there was no video - since you have to provide proper link to the stream or substream.

Additionally I have found that VMS is not remembering my language settings and changes itself ro Czech everytime I quit. Also I have found that it sometimes has administrator instead of admin in username fields that are grayed out and therefore you cannot change it, and login properly.

VSM is not designed for third-party IPC. After confirming with the senior engineers, you cannot use RTSP. If you need RTSP IPC to work with the VIGI, then you have to use a VIGI NVR.

You can go to the Hikvision web interface and turn ONVIF on. By default, it is off. Turning that on can make the IPC you have compatible with the ONVIF. You may use your IPC with our device.

About the VIGI does not allow to change the username, this is normal. This is the design since the very first product release.

For the language issue, I have reported it to the team. If there is an issue, we will work on it and provide a fix soon. Maybe in the next version.

Options
2023-09-05 08:13:59 - last edited Yesterday

You can go to the Hikvision web interface and turn ONVIF on. By default, it is off. Turning that on can make the IPC you have compatible with the ONVIF. You may use your IPC with our device.

About the VIGI does not allow to change the username, this is normal. This is the design since the very first product release.

For the language issue, I have reported it to the team. If there is an issue, we will work on it and provide a fix soon. Maybe in the next version.

@Clive_A 

I'd be thrilled if you could enable ONVIF in the camera that does not support it by design (as stated in the very first post) :). OK, gotta get myself KVM over IP since my NVR is in the rack with all other network stuff.

The issue with username is weird if you ask me - when I have switched language of the VMS from English to Polish or then I had username as Administrator and I wasn't able to log into any of my devices - changing language back to English solved the problem.

Thank you for reporting my issues to the dev team :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 6

Related Articles