RTSP issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RTSP issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RTSP issue
RTSP issue
2023-11-18 19:27:02 - last edited 2023-11-27 05:49:04

Hi Guys,

I am using EZVIZ DB1 PRO doorbell and sending the RTSP stream to Vigi NVR, I can see the doorbell stream inside the network but not remotely via the vigi app.

Is this an issue with ports needing to be open, is anyone else doing something similar?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:RTSP issue-Solution
2023-11-21 08:17:21 - last edited 2023-11-27 05:48:56

Hi @iTrim 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

iTrim wrote

Hi @Clive_A

I can see the doorbell recordings using playback in the app but not the live view using the app outside the local network.

The app says "Device is offine" but the device is not offline as it is recording to the NVR as I can see the playback recordings.

Thank you for your time

VIGI app uses a sub-stream to pull the video image. Can you check if you have enabled the main and substream on the doorbell or NVR?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-25 17:22:57 - last edited 2023-11-27 05:48:53

@Clive_A Thank you clive, I added the substream to the RSTP and it now works remotely.

Thank you for your assistance with this issue

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:RTSP issue
2023-11-20 02:51:44

Hi @iTrim 

Is the NVR connected to the Internet?

NVR is bound to your TP-Link ID? Same ID on your app?

The stream is on and through our server and sent to your VIGI app. You don't have to open the port unless you want to use your own Internet for the video stream.

You probably should check the two aspects I mentioned above. Or give more description on the error you see and the way you access the NVR via the app.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:RTSP issue
2023-11-20 14:21:42

Hi @Clive_A

I can see the doorbell recordings using playback in the app but not the live view using the app outside the local network.

The app says "Device is offine" but the device is not offline as it is recording to the NVR as I can see the playback recordings.

Thank you for your time

Options
2023-11-21 08:17:21 - last edited 2023-11-27 05:48:56

Hi @iTrim 

iTrim wrote

Hi @Clive_A

Thank you for your time

VIGI app uses a sub-stream to pull the video image. Can you check if you have enabled the main and substream on the doorbell or NVR?

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-25 17:22:57 - last edited 2023-11-27 05:48:53

@Clive_A Thank you clive, I added the substream to the RSTP and it now works remotely.

Thank you for your assistance with this issue

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 470

Replies: 4

Related Articles