ER605 Port Forwarding will not work under Omada Software Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-12 12:53:40 - last edited 2023-09-13 02:04:21
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I have an ER605, along with a few other Omada devices, all handled by a software controller running on an ubuntu server (Controller v5.9.31).

When I set port forwarding rules on my Omada controller, they have no effect. Nothing can get through and my services remain inaccessible.

When it is in standalone mode, the exact same port forwarding rules configured on the router work perfectly.

Adopt the ER605 again, and everything stops working.

The exact same setting tried for multiple ports including (for testing) putting the server in the DMZ, the router will not do it when it has been adopted by the controller, and it all works perfectly when in standalone mode.

Would love any assistance people can offer here. I found a few people having had the same issue in the past but no concrete solution.

I had posted this in the wrong place before, hopefully this helps.

Options
6 Reply
Re:ER605 Port Forwarding will not work under Omada Software Controller
2023-09-13 02:52:21

Hi @Tyra 

ER605 V1 1.3.0 port forward. V5.9.31 Software Controller.

On another site, I have an ER605 V2. WAN 192.168.2.10, Controller is V5.9.31. I use a computer from this ER605 V2 and access the port forwarding on first site.

Wireshark shows port forwarding works.

Got zipped when I transferred it from the test PC. But still shows the point.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-09-13 04:03:39 - last edited 2023-09-13 04:09:07

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive, I appreciate the reply!

As soon as I take the ER605 off the controller, the exact same port forwarding works perfectly when it is configured standalone.

This is 100% repeatable, every single time I get the same result.

I have tried multiple different ports using netcat to listen for input, perfect responses internally and externally when the router is on standalone mode, no external access at all when adopted by the controller. I have tried putting the server temporarily in the DMZ, no results when adopted, perfect results in standalone.Switching the forward from TCP to all also has no effect, and again the forward works as TCP only on standalone mode.

Any further ideas would be hugely appreciated.

Options
2023-09-18 06:55:16

Hi @Tyra 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I tested it locally with my Plex. Nothing wrong with it. Computer hosted that hosts Plex isn't off power. I suggest you check if your Plex is logged in on the computer that hosts the server. And don't close the window of the log-in.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-09-18 07:32:30 - last edited 2023-09-18 07:33:26

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

Thanks again for this.

I have tested with Plex, from multiple devices, alongside a number of other services such as listening for access with netcat and spinning up a quick webserver.

When adopted, I cannot access any of these services at all (from an external device, internal access works perfectly).

When I un-adopt the router and set up the exact same port forwards all services work perfectly internally and externally.

All the best,

Tom

Options
2023-09-18 07:41:19

Hi @Tyra 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Tyra wrote

I have an ER605, along with a few other Omada devices, all handled by a software controller running on an ubuntu server (Controller v5.9.31).

When I set port forwarding rules on my Omada controller, they have no effect. Nothing can get through and my services remain inaccessible.

When it is in standalone mode, the exact same port forwarding rules configured on the router work perfectly.

Adopt the ER605 again, and everything stops working.

The exact same setting tried for multiple ports including (for testing) putting the server in the DMZ, the router will not do it when it has been adopted by the controller, and it all works perfectly when in standalone mode.

Would love any assistance people can offer here. I found a few people having had the same issue in the past but no concrete solution.

I had posted this in the wrong place before, hopefully this helps.

Have you verified that if your LAN IP changed after the adoption?

Since the Plex server is using 127.0.0.1:32400, I suspect that your LAN IP changed after the adoption. Is your Plex server on 192.168.0.1/24, the default LAN?

(127.0.0.0 = localhost = the IP of the computer)

Options
2023-09-18 07:46:43

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

I am not on my home network right now, please hold on and I will get that tested to be sure.

I don't believe this can be the case as I have the server set up with a static internal IP so it should not be changing no matter what, but best to confirm this 100% before I get back to you.

All the best

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 899

Replies: 6

Related Articles