Another untagged LAN on Router Interface without a switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-22 10:09:17
Tags: #Routing #VLAN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Hello,

I have two Networks

1. 192.168.100.0/24

2. 192.168.200.0/24

The Router is managed by Omada OC200 Controller.

Network 192.168.100.1 /24 is configured by default with VLAN ID 1 over all LAN Ports (WAN/LAN 1, WAN/LAN2, LAN1, LAN2)

Now I want to set the Netwotk 192.168.200.1 /24 to LAN Port2. However this is not possible. I can not set the interface as untagged or remove VLAN 1 from LAN Port 2.

It looks like it is only possible when I connect a switch to LAN Port which has a tagged Interface configured in VLAN 2.

But I don't want to use a Switch. 

I just want to connect a device in Network 192.168.200.0/24 on LAN Port 2. Why this is not possible? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Another untagged LAN on Router Interface without a switch
2023-09-25 02:49:10

Hi @PROXYTEC 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So, if you'd like to make an untagged VLAN, you gotta set the PVID on the device. You still need to select the VLAN port in the VLAN interfaces.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 274

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles