Routing LAN to default WAN

2024-05-31 13:09:23 - last edited 2024-06-03 01:59:27
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 20220106 Rel.56391

Hi,

I apologize first for my poor expertise on this matter.

I'm currently using 2 Internet providers:

• One for IPTV but 100MB VDSL technology
  • One for fast Internet access using coax with 1GB

Until now, it was two separate networks in my home.

I have purchased a ER605 router to combine both WAN to a single local LAN and get the best of both worlds everywhere.
Each WANs and LAN have their own IP range. So, no conflict.

Here is my configuration overview

IPTV stream is going through LAN1 > WAN1 by enabling IPTV using bridge mode

LAN 2 and 3 are defined as Internet.

What should I change to get both IPTV and LAN have access to the NAS ?

When I run a speedtest from a computer or any device on the LAN, I get the speed of the VDSL (80 MB) and not COAX (800 GB).

I don't know why.

What should I change to route Internet access always through WAN2 ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Bob

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Routing LAN to default WAN-Solution
2024-06-03 00:50:34 - last edited 2024-06-03 02:55:41

Hi @Bob2553 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

IPTV, you've already set it to IPTV. I don't understand why you would access the local network unless you have another Ethernet port on the TV. Or it is not possible because the port on the TV is connected to the IPTV and it is not the same as the Internet port anymore.

The problem is that IPTV (VLAN) is coming from the WAN. It does not have anything to do with the LAN. So, that's the problem we cannot assign them to be in the same network.

Load balance does not add up to the Internet speed. If you have any questions, please read the pinned thread about the LB.

For the other issue, use the Policy Routing.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Routing LAN to default WAN-Solution
2024-06-03 00:50:34 - last edited 2024-06-03 02:55:41

Hi @Bob2553 

IPTV, you've already set it to IPTV. I don't understand why you would access the local network unless you have another Ethernet port on the TV. Or it is not possible because the port on the TV is connected to the IPTV and it is not the same as the Internet port anymore.

The problem is that IPTV (VLAN) is coming from the WAN. It does not have anything to do with the LAN. So, that's the problem we cannot assign them to be in the same network.

Load balance does not add up to the Internet speed. If you have any questions, please read the pinned thread about the LB.

For the other issue, use the Policy Routing.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Routing LAN to default WAN
2024-06-04 14:18:33 - last edited 2024-06-04 14:20:01

Thanks for your help. I managed to setup the routing based on this article

But I didn't find yet how to share the NAS access between both IPTV and Internet

Options
2024-06-05 00:48:10

Hi @Bob2553 

Bob2553 wrote

Thanks for your help. I managed to setup the routing based on this article

But I didn't find yet how to share the NAS access between both IPTV and Internet

A way to work around this: you can get an Ethernet adapter or dongle to plug it into your NAS.

And use a different port in the IPTV so that the NAS can get the traffic from the IPTV.

That would be the simplest way to fix it based on what you described.

Options
2024-06-05 06:39:37

Hi Clive,

Obviously, I didn't explain my problem correctly.
The NAS must be accessible at the same time from both:

• The television connected to the IPTV branch
  • The devices connected to the switch at the bottom of the diagram connected to the "Fast Internet only" branch

Sorry for the confusion

Bob

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 4

Related Articles