How to configure a Layer 3 port-channel interface on TL-SG-2428P?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-13 06:29:03 - last edited 2023-11-13 06:32:01
Tags: #Configuration #LAG #Port Channel
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I want to connect my L3 core switch with a firewall via Layer3 port channel interface. I want the port channel to be made of 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports. How can I configure this? I tried to do this by first creating a static LAG and then converting it to a L3 port channel. But it didn't work. Any Input would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to configure a Layer 3 port-channel interface on TL-SG-2428P?
2023-11-13 08:02:55

Hi @Ravindu 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you be specific about the L3 you are talking about? Are you referring to the hash algorithm? L3 port channel, what do you mean?

Are you referring to the LACP?

Static LAG can also do a 2 Gig link. I am not very certain about your description in the OP.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 1

Tags

Configuration LAG
Port Channel
Related Articles