EAP610 AX1800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP610 AX1800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP610 AX1800
EAP610 AX1800
2023-11-17 14:11:13 - last edited 2023-11-23 06:10:37
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I am trying to extend WiFi throughout my property and have bought 2 different EAP610 Access Points (both shown below).   I first installed the Outdoor unit and then wanted to add more signal inside a shed.  I ordered the ultra-slim thinking I should be able to set it up to repeat off the Outdoor.  But even though they are the same model with almost the same description, the Ultra-Slim only seems to work via LAN cable - not as a Mesh repeater?

Am I missing something here?  I looked for a firmware update and there isn't one.  But there doesn't seem to be anyway to configure the ultra-slim to pick up the WiFi siignal from the Outdoor and use that?

I'm just surprised that given these are both EAP610 AX1800 - they have very different configuration menus???

Any help would be appreciated.

96d79ec648fc45c29f00e2fc88c4d6d6

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP610 AX1800-Solution
2023-11-20 07:14:30 - last edited 2023-11-23 06:10:37

Hello @DarcyB,

The EAP610-Outdoor supports RE mode as the FAQ mentioned, but the EAP610 indoor device doesn't support it.

As for the Mesh, both EAP610 and EAP610-Outdoor support it, to establish the mesh network, you will need to connect one EAP to the router/switch via Ethernet cable, and the other EAPs will be able to wirelessly connect to each other. With the mesh network, you just need to power on the other EAPs, and they will not need to connect to the router/switch via Ethernet cable.

Please note that:
1.You will need to configure the Mesh network on the controller. So please download a software controller or purchase a hardware controller like OC200.

2. Normally, it is suggested for you to run the controller all the time. You can check more detailed information about mesh networks in this link.
Here is a guideguide to set up mesh network.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP610 AX1800-Solution
2023-11-20 07:14:30 - last edited 2023-11-23 06:10:37

Hello @DarcyB,

The EAP610-Outdoor supports RE mode as the FAQ mentioned, but the EAP610 indoor device doesn't support it.

As for the Mesh, both EAP610 and EAP610-Outdoor support it, to establish the mesh network, you will need to connect one EAP to the router/switch via Ethernet cable, and the other EAPs will be able to wirelessly connect to each other. With the mesh network, you just need to power on the other EAPs, and they will not need to connect to the router/switch via Ethernet cable.

Please note that:
1.You will need to configure the Mesh network on the controller. So please download a software controller or purchase a hardware controller like OC200.

2. Normally, it is suggested for you to run the controller all the time. You can check more detailed information about mesh networks in this link.
Here is a guideguide to set up mesh network.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 610

Replies: 1

Related Articles