EAP683 slow speeds and high drop rates

EAP683 slow speeds and high drop rates

13 Reply
Re:EAP683 slow speeds and high drop rates
2024-06-17 16:59:37

@Fae 

Yes I am using VLANs.

I didn't try 160Mhz yet as I am prefering more range with lower frequencies.

I am using EAP683 UR. Based on my understanding this device should be the same as the LR version, but it is not possible to apply the LR beta firmware. Can you please provide a download for the UR version?

Options
2024-06-17 21:01:23

@Bullface 

Sorry for the late reply. Been quite busy...

It's true what @Fae stated. Support informed me that the engineers were not able to reproduce my problems. 
I'm still using the workaround with a fixed channel width and have given up on the hope that we will ever see a firmware that fixes the problems I have and people are reporting.

This however should not affect the range of your wifi...

Moreover, the high package drop rate issue still exists and I have no workaround for that. My only observation is that the drop rate gets better (=lower) with increased traffic, e.g. during large file transfers... Don't know if that is of any significance though.

What I also did in the meantime, is testing and comparing an EAP683 UR with my LRs. And to me it seems that they really are the same. The UR was also showing the same high package drop rates, and same behaviour elseway...

BR

Options
2024-06-17 23:33:30

Hi  @Bullface 

Firmware engineer told me that EAP683 UR and LR can use the same firmware. But you need to pay attention to the hardware version, US version cannot apply EU firmware. Our beta firmware is for EU version. 

Bullface wrote

@Fae 

Yes I am using VLANs.

I didn't try 160Mhz yet as I am prefering more range with lower frequencies.

I am using EAP683 UR. Based on my understanding this device should be the same as the LR version, but it is not possible to apply the LR beta firmware. Can you please provide a download for the UR version?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Related Articles