Cannot connect to EAP683 LR for setup with any device

2024-04-12 04:15:51
Model: EAP683 LR  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I recently decided to upgrade our home wifi (and home business wifi) with some TP-Link EAP's. We currently have AT&T fiber internet with 2 gigabit service and AT&T-provided router connected to a PoE switch in a wall mounted box. The PoE switch has been pre-wired to various locations via Cat 6A cable, including 2 ceiling locations for WAPs. The PoE Switch is a Netgear MS108UP which supports PoE+. Since mounting and connecting the EAP's (via the Cat 6A cable), they are broadcasting the correct default SSID's, but no device can actually connect to start the setup process via standalone mode. The errors include "failed to connect" or "Could not obtain IP address". I have tried both the 2.4G and 5G SSID's and I have tried to factory reset the EAP's as well. I also tried the Omada discovery utility which successfully found the devices (status: pending) and their MAC addresses, but I was still unable to connect to them by any means.

The AT&T router (BGW320-505) connected to fiber service is configured with IP passthrough and dynamic DHCP enabled. Note that this configuration worked without any issues on a wireless router connected to the switch.

Did I get defective units or is there a configuration issue I am missing? Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to EAP683 LR for setup with any device
2024-04-15 02:07:46

@JTMoney4 

If I understand correctly, your router connected to a PoE switch, and your PoE switch connect to EAP. The typology is router - PoE switch - AP.

Did you try to connect the SSID of your router ? If you did, can you connect normally and acquire IP address ?

thanks.

Options