Load Balancing Issue: Jio Traffic Discrepancy on ER8411 Omada Router

2024-03-14 14:12:53 - last edited 2024-03-27 14:00:28
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hello TP-Link community members,

I hope you’re all doing well! I’m reaching out because I’ve encountered an intriguing issue with my ER8411 Omada Router. Let me provide some context:

1. Setup Details:

• I’m using the ER8411 Omada Router along with the Omada Software Controller.
    • I’ve configured load balancing between two WAN connections: Jio and Airtel.
    • The load balancing ratio is set to 1:1, which should evenly distribute traffic between the two connections.
  2. Traffic Discrepancy:

• Over the past 15 days, I’ve noticed a significant difference in traffic distribution:
      • Airtel has seen more than 130GB of traffic.
      • Jio, on the other hand, has only seen 1 GB of traffic during the same period.
    • This discrepancy surprises me, as I expected both connections to share the load equally.
      Airtel.Jio
  1. Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• I’ve reviewed my load balancing configuration, and everything seems correctly set up.
    • Both Jio and Airtel connections are active and functioning.
    • I've also set up Bandwidth control to see if that provides any solutions.
    • I’ve checked the routing table and i found entries from both WAN.
    • I should also tell you that the link failover works flawlessly.
  2. Seeking Community Insights:

• Has anyone else encountered a similar issue with load balancing on the ER8411 router?
    • Are there any specific settings or adjustments I should consider to balance the traffic more evenly?
    • Any insights, tips, or troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated!
  3. Community Collaboration:

• Let’s work together to solve this puzzle! If you’ve faced similar challenges or have expertise in load balancing, please share your thoughts.
    • Feel free to ask questions or provide suggestions—I’m all ears (or should I say antennas? 📡).

Looking forward to your responses and thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Options
3 Reply
Re:Load Balancing Issue: Jio Traffic Discrepancy on ER8411 Omada Router
2024-03-15 01:36:44 - last edited 2024-03-27 14:00:28

Hi @i3Synergist 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Link backup will disable the backup port until the primary WAN is down.

So, with your setup above, it actually has only one WAN working.

And you should figure out the relation between load balancing and link backup.

LB is the basis of link backup. Link backup is an extension of LB which offers you specific port settings. LB can replace link backup.

Read this as well:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-18 08:14:29 - last edited 2024-03-18 08:14:47

@Clive_A Are you trying to say that a better solution would be to set both connections as primary?

Options
2024-03-18 08:28:34

Hi @i3Synergist 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

i3Synergist wrote

@Clive_A Are you trying to say that a better solution would be to set both connections as primary?

I am not trying to say that. If you misunderstand me, please re-read the above lines and the article. That's very important to understand the load balancing and your issue will resolved by reading them.

Let me know your thoughts after your reading if you have questions.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 395

Replies: 3

Related Articles