EAP 225 keeps disconecting

2024-03-30 11:29:13
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

So I have a mesh setup with 3 eap225 outdoor APs.  Everything works great for like 2-3 days and then like clock work everything goes offline.  I then have to unplug and replug the poe injector that connects the main AP and then everything works again until another 3 days has passed.

Options
8 Reply
Re:EAP 225 keeps disconecting
2024-03-31 13:45:22

@ATLTCI 

When you say 'offline', you mean on the controller?  Do you also have a TPlink router?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2024-03-31 13:55:17

@d0ugmac1 

d0ugmac1 wrote

@ATLTCI 

When you say 'offline', you mean on the controller?  Do you also have a TPlink router?

No tplink router.  I have the "main" ap plugged into the OC200 controller.  I attached a picture. I have tried changing the poe injecrtor, the AP, the cat6 cable but same thing. It will stay up for about 3 days and then they all say disconnected.  If I unplug and replug the power to the injector controlling the "main" ap everything comes back up.  Or alternatively if i unplug the cat6 that is powering the main ap and replug it it will come back up that way as well

Options
2024-03-31 13:56:26

@d0ugmac1 

Options
2024-03-31 16:45:12

@ATLTCI 

Ok, I think I may have a quick fix for you...don't plug the root AP into the OC200.  Plug the OC200 into it's own port on your router, and plug the main AP into a separate port on the main router.  If you only have 1 port from your ISP, get a cheap $20 1G-5port ethernet switch.

The consistency of the outage speaks to a software timer, most likely something to do with ARP, taking the OC200 out of the equation should fix that.

Options
2024-03-31 17:17:32

@d0ugmac1 

d0ugmac1 wrote

@ATLTCI 

Ok, I think I may have a quick fix for you...don't plug the root AP into the OC200.  Plug the OC200 into it's own port on your router, and plug the main AP into a separate port on the main router.  If you only have 1 port from your ISP, get a cheap $20 1G-5port ethernet switch.

The consistency of the outage speaks to a software timer, most likely something to do with ARP, taking the OC200 out of the equation should fix that.

Hey.  Thats how the setup was before actually. I am also on a client site in the server where I have a few 48 port switches so have lots of ports and wouldnt be an issue. This is why i was thinking it was a setting with the controller maybe and it was timing out?  This is so frustrating :( 

Options
2024-03-31 20:41:54

@ATLTCI 

Just make sure the root AP is plugged into the switch which is connected to the DHCP server (ideally the router), that should eliminate some variables.

Options
2024-04-01 06:25:59

Hi@ATLTCI 

The suggestion from @d0ugmac1 is helpful. 

If you have connect the OC200 and EAP to the switch, when the EAP disconnected, will you still able to reach the OC200 and EAP? You can try to PING the OC200 first.

And if you do what @d0ugmac1 mentioned, it doesn't matter whether the OC200 will be offline, as when it is accidentally shut down, as long as the Mesh relationships among Mesh APs are not changed, the Mesh network can maintain the basic Wi-Fi coverage.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Did you sort out this issue? I have the same problem. Every 2-3 days the EAP225 disconnects and stays like this until I reset the cable or the poe injector. The IP of the AP is not responding after it is disconnected seems like completely down.

Nothing has changed in my setup for the last 2 years. I have only 1 AP, controller is running in a container.

controller version: 5.13.30.8

EAP225 v3 EU: 5.1.6

The omada log doesn't show any details. Is there a log which survives the reboot which can be checked when ssh-ed to the device?

Options