Really bad WiFi Experience, please help!

Really bad WiFi Experience, please help!

13 Reply
Re:Really bad WiFi Experience, please help!
2024-04-01 15:16:27
Sure, thank you for the interest, give me a couple of days to test it properly :)
Options
2024-04-02 19:00:50

Hi all, I want to give you and update

I can safelly say that following the @d0ugmac1 recommendation about disablen 6GHz my wifi is working as expected, I have been testing it for two days until this moment. 

However, I'll be appliying carefully the other suggestions you all share anyway to see how those affect my network and I'll be updating this post so this could be more helpful to other people. I'll be doing it slow to have enough time to test properly and be sure of the results before I share those.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciated it 

Options
2024-04-02 19:14:58

@LoneGeekRanger 

Thanks for confirming and glad you're having success...these are great APs when they are working :)

@Clive_A and @Hank21 not sure if this is an AP firmware thing or a Controller software thing, but this thread confirms my previously suspicion that (at least) the EAP615-wall loses connectivity and must be rebooted when an SSID profile is applied to it that includes the 6Ghz radio band.  I can imagine this causing all sorts of unhappiness in the field as it is a very non-obvious cause...ie the device doesn't support 6Ghz so who cares if I enabled it or not, well it does matter and it will break things.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options