Wireguard site to site tunnel

2024-04-23 20:08:41
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good day. I have my head office and one remote site. I currently have a L2TP tunnel between both. I have configed a vlan at my remote site to go through the tunnel back to head office for all traffic, including wlan (internet) destined traffic. I am not very happy with the speed (~20Mbps). Could I accomplish this with Wireguard and get higher speeds? I wanted to initially do this with IPsec but TP-Link does not allow it.

Cheers

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wireguard site to site tunnel
2024-04-24 01:13:19

Hi @ChicoCanada 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Please read the community guidelines:

Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post.

Please use the tag and label to find out the existing documents.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-04-24 23:52:49

@Clive_A Thank you for your reply. Your how-to does not answer my question nor does the thread.

Cheers

Options
2024-04-25 08:55:26

Hi @ChicoCanada 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

ChicoCanada wrote

@Clive_A Thank you for your reply. Your how-to does not answer my question nor does the thread.

Cheers

Answer to the question is yes.

I only see one question you have in the OP. If you need the answer, that's the answer.

Wireguard is a new type of VPN and it should be faster than the old one.

Allowed IP on the peer(client) should be 0.0.0.0/0 and it will do the same like you have now.

Before you post, you should read the existing docs on how-to configure. In the community, we don't provide step-by-step walkthrough.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options