Help setting up multi router / vlan router ER7212PC

2024-05-12 22:30:27 - last edited 2024-05-13 02:10:54
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi forum,

I currently setting up the next configuration in replacement of my current TP-Link Archer router.

I can use some help to solve my IPTV issue. On my Netgear switch I have several devices, all of them should receive an IP address from the TP-Link router DHCP server 192.168.0.x but on port 2 of this switch I have my Proximus IPTV decoder that needs to receive an IP address from the Proximus router DHCP server 192.168.1.x

In my current TP Archer + TP Switch setup I created a VLAN 1 (default) and VLAN 500. Port 2 of my Netgear switch is tagged as VLAN 500. If I'm not wrong on my TP Switch I isolated VLAN tagged 500 on port 1 and port 2 so that it does not receive an IP address from the TP Archer router. I did this a long time ago without a lot of network knowlegde.

I'm now looking on some advice to achiveve similar config on my new ER7212PC. Do I just create a new VLAN tagged 500 without enabling DHCP, will my Proximus router then assign an IP address to my decoder? I haven't tested yet as I'm receiving the hardware in a couple of days, but I want to be prepared to decomission my old setup ;-)

Thank you very much for you help

Options
3 Reply
Re:Help setting up multi router / vlan router ER7212PC
2024-05-13 02:14:04

Hi @Chris_home 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Not sure if this is gonna work for you. At least the what's behind the NAT usually does not talk to the WAN directly. Even if you port forward, I cannot guarantee that'll work for you.

But I gotta point out one mistake in your description.

Chris_home wrote

Hi forum,

I currently setting up the next configuration in replacement of my current TP-Link Archer router.

I can use some help to solve my IPTV issue. On my Netgear switch I have several devices, all of them should receive an IP address from the TP-Link router DHCP server 192.168.0.x but on port 2 of this switch I have my Proximus IPTV decoder that needs to receive an IP address from the Proximus router DHCP server 192.168.1.x

No. It is not true and possible. Still NAT thing.

If you have done this and it worked before, I think you may do the same thing and the same feature on the ER7212PC and see if it can work out.

Simply answer the question that the router can create a VLAN without DHCP. About the IP thing, have answered it above.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-05-13 07:14:40

Thanks  @Clive_A for replying that fast. I really cross fingers that it's going to work...

If I look at my config, today as I mention my Netgear switch tags port 2 on VLAN 500. My Proximus router is connected on TP Archer on the WAN port with Dynamic IP (192.168.1.2)

Then on my TP-SG108PE switch:

- port 1 goes to the Proximus router LAN port

- port 2 goes to the Netgear switch

- port 8 goes to the TP Archer router

No special config in my TP Archer, only on the TP switch that has the next config:

I cross fingesr that I will be able to setup up the same on my new hardware.

Chris

Options
2024-05-13 07:53:55

Hi @Chris_home 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Chris_home wrote

Thanks  @Clive_A for replying that fast. I really cross fingers that it's going to work...

If I look at my config, today as I mention my Netgear switch tags port 2 on VLAN 500. My Proximus router is connected on TP Archer on the WAN port with Dynamic IP (192.168.1.2)

Then on my TP-SG108PE switch:

- port 1 goes to the Proximus router LAN port

- port 2 goes to the Netgear switch

- port 8 goes to the TP Archer router

No special config in my TP Archer, only on the TP switch that has the next config:

I cross fingesr that I will be able to setup up the same on my new hardware.

Chris

I hope you can make it. Good luck with that.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 3

Related Articles