TL-SG1016PE management website temporary not accessible,

2024-06-24 09:28:24 - last edited 2024-06-25 02:17:59
Model: TL-SG1016PE  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20230712 Rel.73926

Hello,

we have a TL-SG1016PE switch which is connected to a Dell core switch. Everything is working, but the management website is temporary not available. When I connect to the Dell switch and make a ping to the IP of the TP Link switch it is working and after that I can access the management website. Some minutes later it is not accessible again. 

We have 2 other switches (Dell and Netgear) connected to the core switch, there we don't have the problem. 

The uplink has VLANs enabled 16 untagged PVID, 10, 11, 12 tagged.

When I check the MAC address in the core switch it is behind the port which the TP-Link switch is connected to. 

Flowcontrol is disabled. Disablind spanning tree didn't change anything. The Ports are set to auto. But that shouldn't be the problem because the log doesn't show a port state change. The port is up and working for the devices connected to the TP-Link switch. 

What can I do?

Greetings

Christian 

Options
7 Reply
Re:TL-SG1016PE management website temporary not accessible,
2024-06-25 02:17:43

Hi @Network_Admin 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Have you checked if there is an arp issue on the core switch?

This is something we have never experienced before. If you isolate this switch from the core and other L3 switches, and connect it to a GW-SW-PC setup, will it work steadily?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-06-26 08:20:01

Hi @Clive_A ,

thanks for your reply.

Wwe have other switches conntected to the core and no problem with them, when we ping it. Currently there is only 1 accesspoint connected to the TP-Link switch. This accesspoint is 100% available when we ping it. So there is no ARP cache problem.

I've change the default VLAN for the uplink port, changed it only to 1 vlan, no change.

Greetings

Christian 

Options
2024-06-26 08:47:15

Hi @Network_Admin 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Network_Admin wrote

Hi @Clive_A ,

thanks for your reply.

Wwe have other switches conntected to the core and no problem with them, when we ping it. Currently there is only 1 accesspoint connected to the TP-Link switch. This accesspoint is 100% available when we ping it. So there is no ARP cache problem.

I've change the default VLAN for the uplink port, changed it only to 1 vlan, no change.

Greetings

Christian 

I am simply asking to test this switch and to confirm if this is a firmware issue even though it might not be.

My point is to verify if the switch is intact. Otherwise, it is the config problem. And something else should be proceeded. There is basically nothing we can do from the web GUI but Wireshark on this switch as it is an L2 switch.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-08 12:13:07

Hello,

sorry for the late answer, but meanwhile I have figured out where the problem is. In my eyes it's definitly a problem of the TP-Link  switch.

I've testet a lot, with changing default VLAN, tagged, untagged and so on. Finally I have resettet the switch and configured it completely new. When the interface is on DHCP everything is working. When I change to static IP the problem comes back. 

Greetings

Christian 

Options
2024-08-11 05:01:33

Hi  @Network_Admin 

Network_Admin wrote

Hello,

sorry for the late answer, but meanwhile I have figured out where the problem is. In my eyes it's definitly a problem of the TP-Link  switch.

I've testet a lot, with changing default VLAN, tagged, untagged and so on. Finally I have resettet the switch and configured it completely new. When the interface is on DHCP everything is working. When I change to static IP the problem comes back. 

Greetings

Christian 

If you say so, that's a routing issue.

Yet, the switch does not support layer 3 routing. But it does not have anything to do with the switch L3.

If you use static IP, you should definitely specify the default gateway because that's how the routing from your router comes to the switch. The default gateway should take care of it.

Options
2024-08-12 05:49:57

@Clive_A 

Hi,

trust me, when I switch over to static IP I have entered the default gateway :-) 

With a static IP it works for 20-30 pings and then some pings not, after that again 20-30 pings and so an. 

Greetings

Christian 

Options
2024-08-12 07:12:11

Hi @Network_Admin

Network_Admin wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi,

trust me, when I switch over to static IP I have entered the default gateway :-) 

With a static IP it works for 20-30 pings and then some pings not, after that again 20-30 pings and so an. 

Greetings

Christian 

You might be right. But I don't have a comment on this as I am not on the same page as you do. I am not following you because of the information gap.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 301

Replies: 7

Related Articles