C340i and FTP video upload

2024-07-03 20:56:51
Model: VIGI C340I  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

hello, i recently bought the C340i and setup an FTP server to upload and store events from the camera to my cloud. But i was shocked to find out the camera doesn't upload videos! only images..

Is there any hope to have this feature enabled for the C340i? it is practically useless to me that it only uploads images, and the camera seems to lack an SD card so there is no way to rely on local video storage to have playback enabled...

Options
4 Reply
Re:C340i and FTP video upload
2024-07-05 03:17:16

Hi @Zutch 

If you have a always online windows server, then VIGI Security Manager could be a solution for you. 

VIGI Security Manager

If you don't have one, then you may need a NVR to do local storage.

Zutch wrote

hello, i recently bought the C340i and setup an FTP server to upload and store events from the camera to my cloud. But i was shocked to find out the camera doesn't upload videos! only images..

Is there any hope to have this feature enabled for the C340i? it is practically useless to me that it only uploads images, and the camera seems to lack an SD card so there is no way to rely on local video storage to have playback enabled...

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-07-05 10:40:50
Hello, thank you for your response. I'm considering getting a VNR but i must say i'm greatly disappointed that in 2024 an IP camera doesn't FTP upload videos... That being said, If i get the NVR such as Vigi NVR 1008H-8MP, will i be able to FTP my recordings and detection events through the NVR? or will i have to buy a local storage device and connect it to the NVR in order to achieve it.
Options
2024-07-08 06:08:32

Hi @Zutch 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Zutch wrote

Hello, thank you for your response. I'm considering getting a VNR but i must say i'm greatly disappointed that in 2024 an IP camera doesn't FTP upload videos... That being said, If i get the NVR such as Vigi NVR 1008H-8MP, will i be able to FTP my recordings and detection events through the NVR? or will i have to buy a local storage device and connect it to the NVR in order to achieve it.

FTP video upload should be a feature on the camera. Not the NVR.

VIGI C340S/C540S/C250/C350/C450/C540V V1 Pre-Release Firmware (Released on Mar 19th, 2024) has supported some models and we will implement this to more and more models. 

As I check the latest firmware of the C340I, it does not support FTP video upload then this feature should be included in a future update.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-16 19:15:45 - last edited 2024-07-16 19:21:04

Thank you for your response Clive_A, I'm glad to hear the FTP video upload feature is coming to the C340I, i suppose i will wait for that update instead of buying an NVR. Although an ETA would be much appreciated

Options